cant open/edit/extract my bios *.150 file (renamed to .ROM)

hi fernando …
after load them as .ROM i have CHECKED all these SETTINGS:

after that i flashed and saved them! … all seems ok!
and my saved .ROM was able to load without any problems in MMTOOL 3.22 BKMOD!
than i have follow your tut to replace the PCI Module! … THATS ALL!

and now you mean, i can try to flash the BIOS from the USB STICK?

btw…bbs.bios.net.cn is good forum but it takes time to search for something there!

Ah, now I understand. Yo have flashed the original BIOS and saved it as 2MB sized .ROM file.

Have you tried to open the file with the actual and official MMTool v3.26? If not, please test it.

This question has already been answered by me within my last post, but I do not overtake any warranty. Everything will be done at your own risk.
If the MMTool v3.26 should work, I would repeat the BIOS modification with that tool. I think, that this will be safer.

Yes, I know that.

no i dont have saved them as 2mb bios or so, after loaded the bios (try as .150 and .ROM) was the loaded bios 2MB big (AFUWIN 4.42) and than i checked the settings and saved them! … if you have few mins freetime, maybe you can do the same but i know you have a lot free time haha jk :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: … lol yeah thats normal, you cant promise me and overtake any warranty i know ;)) ok will try mmtool 3.26 …

MMTOOL v3.26 → Load ROM → SUCESS WITHOUT ANY ERORS!

thats the loaded .ROM with all ROM Info and RomHole values ^^ (btw 2x rom holes???)

after replaced PCI MODULE with 8086-2822_v11601702_mod_for_P55.bin

ok i will try to flash my bios now with MSIHQ USB Bootable Tool and BIOS Helper! . if something wrong i can tell you, the good one is i have my macbook here, so iam not offline :wink:

the MSIHQ USB Bootable Tool and BIOS Helper tool run many tests and many bios inspects but ALL works liek a charm without any erros!

@ mnmlix:

Good luck (fingers crossed…)!

hmm after pressing F11 for the boot menu i have taken the usb3.0 stick and i have enabled all needed bios features but they dont run any procedure i can only see the cursor in the left corner … ok but now thats the wrong forum for my problem! … now try to fix! i think and hope the problem is maybe my taken external usb 4port … will try now mobo usb port (which is normal to take for flashing the bios or so lol) … brb ,p

ok right i can try after that the M-FLASH feature from my MOBO thats maybe better choice!

so ok i have fixed my usb drive now it works … ok iam really excited like a kid hrhr … ok i will run memtest86+ second time now in the bios flash menu and than i will flash this bitch! … brb

btw fernando you knows, it is your fault, if something wrong i mean! … ;D

common memtest bitch … mache licht ans fahrrad! loool
(60min left apr. … damnit) … ok maybe i will skip them it takes toooo long …

status after 44mins:

hahah sorry for that big shot! ^^

ok nice BIOS FLASH is DONE!
i have clear the CMOS but now i have error "Missing operating system"
but thats normal, coz win7 was installed on INTEL P55 chipset RAID0 with 2 SSD´s

damn nice … bios looks very well! ok now will reinstall windows 7!

@ Fernando:

you have maybe some advices or so before i install the os i mean!?

bios has in the cmos features few changes but all sata port and so are there … i think thats a good sign!
(haah darauf rauch ich einen ^^) … rennt!

A clean install of the OS is always a good idea, if there are a lot of changes within the BIOS. On the other hand I am not sure, that it is really necessary.
You have to enter the BIOS several times to get your previous settings working:
1. enable "RAID" > reboot
2. correct the "BOOT" settings > reboot
Then you should run the RAID Utility by hitting CTRL+I to verify, if your RAID is still "healthy".

yepp will do that and i catch ya after installing the clean OS … to verify all new values or so … brb

AHA, ok now i changed to RAID … and after all bios tests and so they stops, see the cursor in the left corner only … no raid is found or so, my dashboard shows error code 78 (Option ROM Initial)
btw the cmos settings in the bios looks like before after change to RAID … but now i see only the flashing cursor in the left corner … maybe take another modded P55 RST .BIN file Fernando? … now i need you!!! :smiley:

dman now i cant enter the BIOS … will clearcmos, maybe i have something in the bios.

btw the code 78 is: Initializes IPL devices controlled by BIOS and option ROMs. (but i think thats clear)

@ mnmlix:

Power off the PC completely for 1-2 minutes and then restart it.
Question:
Which Intel RAID ROM version did you have previously and which version have you inserted?

damn … now i cant edit the bios with mmtool coz i have only have a macbook here with virtual win only and afuwin does not work here without a compatible bios … i think thats the problem:
i injected the 8086-2822_v11601702_mod_for_P55.bin BUT i have the old versions Intel MSM RAID ROM v8.9.0.1023 … and thats not the same versiontree i think.
i taken this one coz i found on a forum a user with same raid rom and this modded one.

btw need to clear my cmos, i cant enter my bios after changing to RAID.

There are a lot of P55 RAID users, who have successfully updated the Intel RAID ROM from v8.x.x.xxxx to v11.6.0.1702 or even higher.
Please enter the BIOS and look for the "Force Option ROM" setting (or similar). This should be enabled. Maybe this will solve your problem.

EDIT:
If this doesn’t help, I recommend to reflash the original BIOS. This will let you continue your work on the project "BIOS Modding".
As next step I recommend to update the Intel RAID ROM of your BIOS to v10.1.0.1008. This will not give you the "TRIM in RAID0" feature, but the verification, that your current problem has something to do with the Intel RAID ROM version and with nothing else.

ok … i have looked in the bios for something like force option rom … but will check them.

and you absolutely right with upgrade step by step … will do that!

BUT i cant edit the .ROM file with MMTool … i dont have saved them! … and now i need a user who edit my bios with AFUWIN like me … you can remember this post from me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ?

related PCI stuff i have in my BIOS:
- PCI Latency Timer: 64 (def.)
- PCI IDE BusMaster: enabled (def.) … i have disabled them where i have installed in7 the first time.

i can boot my old ssd (which contains my old win7 sys from my old mobo (asus p7p55d) … but only in IDE mode i can boot …

thats now a joke!!! … i have no chance to open the .ROM with AFUWIN like before … WTF

Why don’t you just flash the latest original BIOS delivered by MSI?
That will be the safest and easiest method.