CH341a can't read Dell T7500 Bios

I’m trying to fix the bios on my T7500 but everything I try fails to work, the board has an ATMEL 26DF161 but it just never read the chip

I’ve tried AsProgrammer and different versions of the CH341A programme none of them work.

flashrom support this chip:

Atmel AT26DF161 PREW 2048 SPI
Atmel AT26DF161A PREW 2048 SPI

I’ve tried it, didn’t work.

I’ve decided to solder the chip directly instead of using the clip but still doesn’t manage to read the chip.

Did you try Prgrammer 1.38 ( file details 1.0.0.4 ) from Kovzhun M.A. ? After testing all the tons of Software Versions this one keeping me all the time happy.
Maybe there is a driver issue too. I can upload it for you if you couldn’t find it. This Software also include a driver ( for the USB CH341 Programmer ) - let me know

Sorry, I almost forgot about this thread but here’s an update.

No matter what I did it wouldn’t read so considering how old the T7500 is it was definitely a dead chip, I ended up buying a similar Winbond chip and programmed to that instead and luckily despite my okay-ish soldering skills managed to get the machine working with that.

So I reckon if anyone else runs into this problem (And a bad flash on T7500 it’s quite common looking on google) there’s a good chance judging by the specs that the chip is dead or dying.

The chip I used to replace it was Winbond W25Q16JV for anyone wondering.

Thanks for the update. Maybe one of the programs you have used did some changes in the status register of your winbond chip. With the program I offered I get a warning ( attention ) popup message that If I make wrong changes here the chip can get malfunction without repairing possibilities. Well no need to change anything in that register but maybe this caused the issue. It is helpful to find out what is going wrong but anyway great to here you figured it out!