CH341a programmer not working with 1,8v adapter

Hi.

I am having some trouble flashing one of my 1,8V soic-8 chips. I am new at this, so apologies in advance for any misunderstandings and wrong terms etc. When I am trying to read a chip without the 1,8V adapter, everything works fine. I can read and write without problems, but when I try to attach a 1,8V adapter and try to detect chip I get:
ID(9F): 000000(Unknown)
ID(90): 0000(Unknown)
ID(AB): 00(Unknown)
ID(15): 0000(Unknown)

This happens regardless of whether there is a chip attached or not. Usually, when nothing is connected, I get:
ID(9F): FFFFFF(Unknown)
ID(90): FFFF(Unknown)
ID(AB): FF(Unknown)
ID(15): FFFF(Unknown)

This might be normal, but I can’t figure out how to make it read the chip with the 1,8V adapter. I have tried both CH341a programmer and AsProgrammer and I have tried two different adapters. If I choose the chip manually in the settings, I am only able to read 00 00 00… Could it be the programmer itself that broken, even tho it can read just fine without the adapter?
The chip I am trying to read to and from is a MX25U12873F from Macronix.

Thank you in advance for any help I get!

EDIT:
The “Run” light lights up when I plug in the adapter and when I hold it in a certain angle (with the leaver up). When I put the leaver down, the “Run” light is very dim, but it is still on. This is when the programmer is idle.

Did you ever figure this out? Getting the same unknowns.

i think ,.,.first must be modded to 3.3V ? ,.,.and for 1.8V chip is best adapter + skypro “gpu mods example”

example for 3.3V mod “ch341a”
https://wej.k.vu/electronics/ch341a-mini-programmer-fix/

edit
or last version CH341A is + switcher 1.8V / 3.3V / 5V “no needs mods” ,.or I’m using SKYPRO 1 + adapter 1.8V - best way for any flash :smiley:

/
last CH341A
old SKYPRO

I ended up getting a new motherboard.

No mod needed as suggested above, I ended up figuring it out and wish I had the same problem at the same time to help you out.

So the clamp that you put on the chip wasn’t connecting right due to the prongs being ever so slightly misaligned. I had to take apart that clamp and hold them on the pins by hand, but it worked. So this error is triggered by only a partial connection and not all pins connected - so crappy made clamps are the issue.