Change boot order Insyde BIOS

Hey there,

Is it possible to change a boot order through modding my BIOS bin file from my Insyde H20 BIOS? I cannot access my BIOS through the default F2 or DEL button when booting. I can read the BIOS with the H20EZE from Insyde, however I cannot update my boot order with this program. Can I edit the order by editting the file with my HEX editor? By default it launches from my Hard Drive, however I want to boot it from my USB.

P.S. This is my first post, so if I posted this in the wrong section I’m sorry.

@FaithlessDbo - Remove your hard drive, and any USB, then boot and let it ride out till it stops. If you can’t get into BIOS then, reboot and try again. It should take you to BIOS, or a screen to choose BIOS or boot menu etc, with no drives or USB installed, then you can enter BIOS and disable “Fast Boot” and if you see "Ultra Fast Boot"
If you are on Win10, there is also a way to reboot from within the OS that will allow you to boot directly to BIOS, Google >> Win10 boot to BIOS <<< And then check a few of the links for the method I’m referring to. I assume this is the issue, those two settings I mention above can cause this on Win8-10

This can be done as a BIOS mod possibly, changing the default boot device, but it’s not really something you should risk flashing mod BIOS about.

@Lost_N_BIOS
Thank you for your reply. I have an embedded Windows CE version. I have tried disabling the Quick boot function, but to no avail. I am not afraid to brick my BIOS as I can reprogram it through a programming device. If you have suggestions to edit raw hex files I could also try this out. I’ve heard / read somewhere that a BIOS may have a checksum depending on the type of BIOS you have. Is there an easy way to verify this?

So far I’ve tried modifying a few settings through the Insyde setup utility program they provide on their website, but that doesn’t allow me to modify my boot order either.

Bump