Change Splash logo AMI/UEFI BIOS n' change keys of setup

Hi everyone.
This is my first post here on this forum.

I’d read the topic about LINK and traied modify the splash logo of my BIOS. So, when i reflash (with afudos) my .rom, it dont give any errors, but after reboot the system, this dont work more.
I think that, when i try to replace the new logo, this new logo dont have the correct setting, such that size, pixels, etc. Im using the last tool (MMTool v. 5.0.0.7).
Remark: my .rom is named with extension .104, I dont know why…

Another problem that i have It is to change the SETUP keys. i do not know where to look for where they are, in which PCI they could be.
Do I need a hex editor? I think so.
Sorry for being lay on the subject, but would like to learn all the details about BIOS modification.

Thhank you !
EDIT: attached file for some help

EDIT by Fernando: Blank lines removed (to save space)

myrom.rar (1.61 MB)

@ LOCKNESS:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Please let us know the manufacturer, the model and the chipset of your mainboard.
Why did you use the AMI Aptio MMTool v5 and not the v4.5 one?

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hello dear Fernando!

The manufacturer is shuttle and motherboard is a laptop with intel chipset HM65 (but also has HM75, HM77…). Current test with SLJTA with onboard processor (Intel Celeron).

Here’s pic of my (board

I give some problems with MMTool v. 4.5… :confused:

I also tested with OEMLOGO.exe by AMI and have the same result.

Thanks for your kindness!

Is it original logo with your machine??

original.png

Its format was png ,so i suggest you to use identical format image to replace.
It was module of 05CA0204-0FC1-11DC-9011-00173153EBA8
I hope it helps.

Good luck
Feng

Hi genius.

Yes, this is logo image. When I use OEMTool.exe, the application accepts only .bmp format in 16 bits!! Oh crap =/

I was certainly there did the following: extracts the image unchanged and insert again, I got the same error, very strange. :frowning:

I think that rom have a protect like HOLE BLOCK, for example, in adress (PCI) of MAC ADDRESS.

Thank you!

Nevertheless: If you want to modify any AMI Aptio IV BIOS by using the AMI Aptio MMTool, you should use the v4.5 and not the v5 one. The AMI Aptio V MMTool has a lot of bugs.

Right, i’ll try again with v .45 till a good news.

Thank you!

Could you update logo image that you want to replace??
I wanna to try.

Right, files are attached. I have many boards, by the way, i dont have problem if doesnt work, I hope so! :slight_smile: I’ll sent 3 different rom ok? If you can change each one…

Thank you.

3roms.rar (3.76 MB)

I have help you out to replace logo module,please test it and remember to replay.
Thanks.
https://mega.co.nz/#!C5QgWDrK!7rBMx1KOqL…B8wHqCmaUaQ3nv4

Feng

Hi Feng, sorry but the same error, reflash works done, but when the system reboot, not work more.
I don’t know why this occur, i’d looking for the another logo, called “small logo” (Intel mini splash), do I have to remove this item too?

Note: I using afudos v. 4.24 with /B /P settings. This motherboard using HM65 (SLJ4P) with off-board Intel Celeron B800.

I’ll attache the original file with all applic ok. Note that in rar file, have other BIOS rom with 8MB.

Than you for support!

EDIT by Fernando: The attachment has been deleted at 02/16/2017.

Try this file again.
https://mega.co.nz/#!f4Q31QwR!8X5TRr6-C7…S9Uf2JbPHGFB6v8

Feng

Hi feng, I’ll work on this new binary.
I’ll come back later.

Thank you.

Sorry, but down work again.

Thank you!!