CoffeeLake Mod with TPM 2.0 and RAM question

Hello,
I’ve done the CoffeeLake Mod on my Z170 MSI Gaming M7, swapped my 6700K for a 9900KF and it works great so far!
What I noticed, is that TPM isn’t working anymore, is TPM related to the Intel ME? A tutorial told me to disable it. Can I enable the Intel ME, install the BIOS via a CH341a Programmer and still use my 9900KF?
Also, I cannot get my RAM working with XMP. My 6700K also couldn’t do it @ 3600MHz but 3200MHz ran fine without issues. My 9900KF doesn’t even like 3200 MHz. Does the Mod change something there or did I just get a realy bad 9900KF sample?
Thanks in advance!

@Aphelion Yes you need ME Firmware to be present and functioning to enable PTT (Platform Trust Technology AKA TPM) on the Z170 chipset.

To keep your 9900K working you will need to use ME firmware 11.6.x.x or 11.7.0.1xxx.

I have installed a 9350K into a Z170 with Intel ME FW 11.7.0.1261 and enabled PTT to install Windows 11;

9350K_Z170_PTT_WIN11.jpg

As for the RAM issue, you may need to increase VCCIO and VCCSA voltages manually to get XMP to work, try VCCIO at 1.10 V and VCCSA at 1.15 V.

You may also need to set DRAM voltage manually to 1.35 V or more.

If you are using 4 DIMMs the Z170 chipset may not set tertiary timings correctly, you might need to set both WRWR_dr and WRWR_dd to 8 to POST at higher RAM speeds.

@chinobino Thanks for your help! I will reflash my bios this week, and report back.
No I have just 2 sticks of RAM, but I will check if the value is correct.
What I also noticed, the motherboard information like serial etc are gone because I didn’t figure it out how to transfer it from my backup, and my CPU identifies as Code Name "Kaby Lake"
I have a Rivet Killer Ethernet Controller, so the MAC is present. So I guess this isn’t a problem.

@chinobino I’ve reflashed my UEFI now with activated ME and TPM 2.0 works, thank you very much!
Also tried to change the Voltage of CPUIO, CPUSA and RAM but still no luck with XMP. I settled for 2666 MHz 15-17-17-35-CR2 now and it works. Maybe I will try to reach 3200 MHz again, but I think I just lost the silicon lottery.

@Aphelion Hey, glad to hear you got ME & TPM working.

You might need to try increasing the RAM incrementally (e.g. 2800, 2933, 3000) with loose timings to see where it fails to POST.

Thanks for reporting back