Compability Problem With GTX 1650 Laptop driver. ( Lenovo L340 Gaming 15IRH )

Hello, this is my first post so forgive me if i do mistakes.

The problem is

I have GTX 1650 Laptop ( Lenovo Ideapad L340 Gaming ) and i cant go lower than windows ver 1903+

it says nvidia drivers only supports Win10 1903+

I want to use windows 7 or windows 10 1709 ext…

I can install all drivers but not geforce driver in lower versions.

and i can only install dch drivers in windows 10 1903

Can you help me how to go lower than 1903 without compability problems.

Sorry for my bad english.

What are the hardware identificators for this card? What’s the exact model of your L340.

On a sidenote, is there any reason why you should use 1709, instead of the latest windows 10 build or even the latest LTSC build (which is 1809)?

1909 is so bad for me , bad for latency , bad for fps
but 1709 is good for latency and fps.

i can go for win7 too. because all drivers beside nvidia works fine in win7.

Laptop Model is : Lenovo Ideapad L340 Gaming 15IRH with Nvidia GTX 1650 , i5 9300H and 8GB Ram.

And what are the hardware identificators (HWIDs) for the graphic-card? You can find them in device manager. Right click on the device and go to ‘properties’, select the details tab and select ‘Hardware IDs’ from the dropdown menu.

Since you can’t use the latest windows 10 version (that’s understandable, don’t worry) are you not able to use the latest LTSC (Long Term Service Channel) build, which is right now 1809 due to the same reasons, or is that fine with you?

From a quick snooping (and a little bit of wishful thinking) on the files of the unpacked driver package that Lenovo offers (specifically setup.cfg and the driver infs), it seems that it supports version 1803 as minimum, so yeah.

i cant go with ltsc 1809 only 1903+ versions , it says PCI VEN 10DE DEV 1F91 SUBSYS 3A2E17AA REV A1

Searching the microsoft update catalog - no dice, minimum version is 1803. Checking laptopvideo2go for any traces of a Lenovo-specific driver, no dice. (Seems that the DEV ID has been added to the infs on April 2019, so way after dropping support for 1709).

The way I see it, if you really want to still use 1709, you have to use the reference driver for Win81/Win8/Win7. (run the setup in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode)

PS: And yeah, just realized what Lenovo offers is a RS6 DCH driver, so no dice!

If you’re going to change your mind and use LTSC 2019 (build 1809), try this latest OEM-specific driver that i could find: https://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/…e-43063-lenovo/; if it doesnt work, try the older ones from microsoft update catalog:

Ok thank you so much i will try, i can go for ltsc.

it works perfectly fine my fps is even better than 1909 :slight_smile: thank you so much :slight_smile:

What are the hardware identificators for this card? What’s the exact model of your L340.

On a sidenote, is there any reason why you should use 1709, instead of the latest windows 10 build or even the latest LTSC build (which is 1809)?