Corrupted bios Lenovo Y540-15IRH

My laptop stopped working after changing some bios settings. Laptop starts but only black screen (not gpu related issue). I would appreciate if someone knowledgable could help me fix the bios file or at least tell me where to look. I already have a CH341A Programmer and familiar with how it works.

Original unmodified bios file: https://pixeldrain.com/u/TWWLSrUK

Which changes did you make?

Lenovo my offer advanced reset routines (CMOS/NVRAM), Otherwise it’s to dump firmware and empty NVRAM, then flash firmware back.

Thanks for the reply lfb6.

I don’t remember exactly what I changed or which change caused the issue. I played with the following settings in the bios before it went bad:

• Intel SGX
  • Intel PTT key
  • Secure boot

I already tried to reset CMOS. I used this guide, see step 5. No change.

In same guide there are steps to flash bios in crises mode, see step 6. I think my laptop goes in the crises mode because it bleeps constantly. However, I think it does not read the USB because the USB led only blinks twice in the beginning, it should blink constantly as shown in this video.

I also flashed the bios with latest bios version from Lenovo website. I trimmed the downloaded bin file by comparing the start and end of the hex offsets with the original bin file. Still no change.

I got no idea how to reset NVRAM, could you explain how? And do you mean the bios file with firmware?

Crisis mode will most times only flash back the firmware code, not the settings.

Please attach the dump/ backup of the non- working fimware you made before flashing and the file you flashed.

Here you go mate. Can’t upload directly so I used pixeldrain instead.

Original unmodified bios file: https://pixeldrain.com/u/TWWLSrUK
Flashed bios file (latest version from Lenovo website): newbios.zip ~ pixeldrain

You extracted the stock firmware correctly and it’s a complete Intel image. If you flashed it properly the machine should work (if it’s firmware related).

Did you check the actual content of the SPI after flashing and compare it to the Lenovo stock bios after flashing?
Reset CMOS after flashing?