cpu upgrade leads to 30 min shutdown

Managed to fresh extract the laptop BIOS with the winplash from your zip so thank you!!

What I have as of now:
-The fresh BIOS, intelmetool and ifdtool outputs are in the attachment.
-me_cleaner says it’s an unknown image.

I ordered the flasher and clip you suggested so I’ll just wait for it and sit and learn for the meantime.

The chip swap is not an option right now since I live in a small town with no BGA re-ball equipment available.
HM70 and HM77 shares the same datasheet from intel site and and it was suggested on the other site to swap
it so core i will work on the mobo but there’s no complete tutorial or info regarding that AFAIK.

I’ll definitely buy you a beer once my situation goes better. Thanks again mate! :slight_smile:

intelmetool.txt (1.22 KB)

ifdtool_biosback.txt (3.87 KB)

That winplash is OEM (Maybe only work with stock BIOS when flashing), if you need other I can upload for you when time comes. Please link to the stock downloads page for this system, so I can see if ME FW downloads are posted.

ME_Cleaner should not be used at all, for anything here (or ever?!) Anything it does, can/should be done manually, to avoid errors and issues. Since it’s not working for you, that’s good I think what was the goal with it anyway?
From your post on page one, I assume nothing to do with the guide you linked or the ME Cleaner tool, that is used for something totally different than the issue you mentioned (Corrupted ME, shut down at 30 minutes).
This simply means you need to reflash/reprogram (likely) a clean ME version (Not to be confused with, and nothing similar to ME_Cleaner).
What you need is this kind of clean ME - [Guide] Clean Dumped Intel Engine (CS)ME/(CS)TXE Regions with Data Initialization

As for the chip swap, I don’t know what would be outcome, it may work fine on current BIOS?

It looks like you have locked FD, so you need flash programmer to fix this issue, or do one of the methods from section E in this thread
[Guide] Unlock Intel Flash Descriptor Read/Write Access Permissions for SPI Servicing

Since programmer is on the way that may be best to wait and then go from there once it arrives.

Maybe Plutomaniac has better advice about this, I see this so I think ME is corrupted too badly to use FW Update tool
ME: Manufacturing Mode : YES
ME: Error Code : Debug Failure

As I said, a HM70 will not work with Core i-series processors and me_cleaner won’t change that. The only (extreme) option is to replace the PCH but that requires a shop with advanced reballing equipment, I’ve no idea if it’s going to work depending on how the mobo is designed and you’ll definitely need to follow the CleanUp Guide afterwards due to the new ME co-processor within. Everything else is a waste of time.

Thanks! I was mainly trying for now to help him fix the current ME issue (Corrupted ME, shut down at 30 minutes)

That’s the thing, it is not corrupted. The CPU is incompatible with that PCH. That’s why I said that dealing with the ME is a waste of time.

Thanks for explaining more! I thought CPU was OK, but the chipset question was possible upgrade, I didn’t realize it was a need as opposed to a want to do thing…

Just ordered the hp dv4 board that the original CPU came in but thanks anyway for the help.

So what now, put this CPU into that board, and get proper CPU for this current board?

https://github.com/corna/me_cleaner

but it says it could fix the problem. where it goes wrong?

See post #25 >>> CPU is incompatible with that PCH