CyberPower laptop (Quanta NL5E base) blank screen after changing graphics source

Hi Guys,

I have a CyberPower Tracer 2/3 gaming laptop (Quanta NL5E base) with Insyde QP121 Rev 5.0. I flashed an ‘unlocked’ BIOS which opened up lots of new options. My original need was to be able to use the Intel onboard UHD graphics on the I7 CPU - but it was not available anywhere in the driver or desktop application. The standard BIOS was very limited and there was no option to change from using the RTX2070 dedicated graphics all the time.

In the unlocked BIOS I found a graphics option with 4 settings. I changed this from ‘SG’ to ‘iGFX’.

I saved and exited and now all I get is a black (blank) screen.
The keyboard lights up and there is hdd activity after I type in windows password (enter keystrokes like logging into Win10) but no picture. There is no HDMI output either and I have tried the FN key and monitor switch.

When I close the lid or press the power button the laptop goes into hibernation/sleep mode because the power light flashes and it turns back on when pressed. When I hold the power button the laptop turns off.

So it looks like the laptop is running but without any graphics output.

I have tried unplugging the battery but no difference.
I cannot see a motherboard/BIOS battery so I have left the battery unplugged since last night.

Has anyone had such an issue before and/or knows how to solve it easily? (ie resent BIOS settings to default without having to reflash)

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Markiexxxx

I have now restored the laptop back to working correctly.

If anyone ends up in this situation I can share with you my method

@Markiexxxx how do you restored and fixed about black screen ?
I have little similar problem about black screen display onboard graphics output too…:persevere:

Please tell me;
1. Make/model of computer/laptop?
2. How did it happen?
3. What type of hard drive is in the computer?
4. Do you have another laptop/desktop?