Damaged Raid 5 Repair

Hello

I have problem with my system. I have Raid 5 on my MB: H170M-PLUS And one disk is damaged.

I replaced damaged drive but there is no recovery option highlighted to select it:

also as you can see raid is not bootable and can’t try from windows.

So any idea how rebuild this raid. tnx

@electro :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

Have you already tried to choose Point 4 (“Recovery Volume Options”)? If yes, what happened?

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

No because of as i said this option not highlighted to select and use it in both situation above.

In this case I don’t know how to boot into the OS and to get the Intel RST Console software running trying to repair the array.
What you may try is to power off completely your computer and to check/replace all SATA cables of the RAID members. Maybe one of the cables is faulty or not correctly connected.

In this case I don’t know how to boot into the OS and to get the Intel RST Console software running trying to repair the array.
What you may try is to power off completely your computer and to check/replace all SATA cables of the RAID members. Maybe one of the cables is faulty or not correctly connected.

Tnx I’ll try

i use this tool, perhaps i was very Lucky but, i recover a failed RAID5 :

i know only 2 efficient Tools :

https://www.runtime.org/raid-recovery-windows.htm
http://www.r-studio.com/

i’ve used the second one.

Regards.

when the drive failed, did you mark the failed drive as “offline” in the console before replacing the failed drive?

if not the issue is most likely that the array is trying to do a rebuild (to the failed drive) and you are not letting it finish this step

you can’t replace a drive that the system is working on rebuilding the array onto

re-connect the bad drive and allow the system to get to the point where the rebuild fails. Once the rebuild fails, swap out the bad drive and you should see the array listed as Degraded, not Failed.
once the array is listed as Degraded, you can instruct it to rebuild onto the replacement drive

again, if a drive in a RAID 5 array on an Intel controller fails, know that either rebooting or flagging the drive as Normal is likely to result in an attempt to re-build the array onto that failed drive.
If that happens, you need to wait (possibly a long time) for that rebuild to fail. When it fails, SHUT DOWN, disconnect the failed drive, and connect the new one before rebooting, or you’ll have to wait for another rebuild attempt onto the bad drive to fail.