"Delayed" gameplay

Hey guys,

most of the time I experience a delayed gameplay. The enemy reaction time seems inhuman. It makes no difference whether I pick a corner or the enemy does.
Here are some people experiencing the same issue:

Sometimes I play weeks without this problem (same server) until it appears again.

My Internet connection is stable and windows is well optimized. Drivers are up-to-date (thanks to Fernando)
I’ve changed everything from computer to cables, os, router and ISP.

Hope you have some ideas.

Thanks

@Versus2190 :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Without any informations about your system and its configuration I cannot help you.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hey,

my current system is:

- Crucial MX200 250GB,
- i5-6500,
- G.Skill RipJaws 4 8GB,
- MSI Z170A Gaming M3, A.7 BIOS
- be quiet! Straight Power 10 400W,
- MSI GTX 960 Gaming 4G,
- windows 10 home (I have tried win. 7 and 8.1 too),
- Frizt!Box 7360 (FRITZ!OS: 06.30) with 16,7 Mbit/s download-and 2,6 Mbit/s uploadspeed.
- BenQ XL2411 @ 144 Hz

I use a BIOS optimization guide by r0ach, so all unnecessary features are disabled, except HPET.
The DPC latency is around 5-10 μs with some jumps to 30 μs.
I play at 120 fps and more.

Current drivers are:

- AHCI v15.2.2
- MEI 11.6.0.1032
- realtek v. 6.0.1.7960
- Skylake Chipset v10.1.1.38
- Killer e2400 driver v. 9.0.0.37
- nvidia v. 375.76

This issue also occurred on my old computer:

- AMD AM3 Phenom II X4 945, 3,0 GHz
- Asus M4A87TD Evo So-AM3 AMD
- 2x Kingston 2048MB DDR3 PC1333 CL9 (KVR1333D3N9)
- 2x Kingston 2GB PC3-1333 CL9 (KVR1333D3N9K2/4G)
- Sparkle GTX460 768MB
- HDDSATA WD WD5000AAKS
- Chieftec CTG-500-80P 500W

It sounds like the issue is on the human side, but I’m sure it’s not.

I am grateful for any help!

@Versus2190 :
Thanks for the details of your hardware configuration.

Unfortunately I didn’t find any clue regarding the possible origin of your issue.
Maybe someone else has an idea.

Good luck!

I’m not sure but it seems like “Automatic Maintenance” fixed my problem.
Run maintenace especially after a fresh windows install. It runs tools like windows experience index and configures the system.

Thanks Fernando!
Best regards

Versus2190:
Have you already tried the system file integrity check and clean commands, which I recommended within the start post of >this< thread?

Just did it, system files are fine.

Sounds like a software problem to me.

Disable Firewall, Antivirus etc
Check what services are running disable any that are not needed
Maybe try Razer Game Booster see if that helps you dont need it for your system but it will disable a ton of uneeded stuff and if that sorts it then you can figure out from that what is causing the problem.

Ty, the change from ESET to Bitdefender didn’t help but once the creators update is released, I will do a clean installation and play without a firewall and antivirus for a week.

Hello,
a russian guy (russianpig) has finally found the reason for this issue. It’s caused by either a chipset driver or MEI driver or the combination of them. His fix works on my z170 system!
These drivers are installed by windows update (on windows 10) after a fresh windows installation. Use group policy and block their installation.
I would be very grateful if someone could find out which of these drivers is causing the problem.

More info:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-3…eplay-csgo.html

@Versus2190 :
I don’t know which driver for which device may cause the “delayed” gameplay, because I don’t use my computer for gaming.
Nevertheless I would like to give a tip to gaming users, who are affected by the problem and want to find out the origin:
Since the names of the devices, which is listed within the Device Manager, are very often very imprecise and may vary depending on the in-use driver, you should better check the HardwareIDs of the related device (right-click onto it > “Properties” > “Details” > “Property” > “HardwareIDs”). The VendorID (VEN_xxxx) and DeviceID (DEV_xxxx) are absolutely specific and will never change - no matter which driver is currently in use.