DELL OptiPlex 5040 stuck in bios recovery

Hi, i’m an IT Technician, but most of my work is involved in hardware repairing, so i’m not good with software stuff.
anyway, i got this DELL OptiPlex 5040 Tower, which at first had a display problem, which i fixed, but after the PC turned on, it only shows that it requires BIOS Recovery, it doesn’t show the DELL logo or anything else, it just boots directly to the Bios Recovery Mode.
now, i’ve read some threads and done some research, and tried multiple methodes of getting the BIOS_IMG.rcv file and trying to recover the BIOS, but i either get the update failed message, or the PC doesn’t read the image.
is there anyone who could help me out on getting the recovery file so i can fix this PC ? it’s really important to restore it

https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-us/000132453/how-to-recover-the-bios-on-a-dell-computer-or-tablet

Goto: “Where is the BIOS Recovery File?”, see

1. If your computer is NOT in a working state, for example, a no Post or no Boot situation and the BIOS Recovery file is not on your hard drive

Most of the time those recovery procedures wont work.

The exe files doesn’t ectract in a complete firmware image, so in case you’ll need a programmer you’ll need a complete dump of the firmware since you’re at least missing flash descriptor, ME region and possibly GbE region.

The exe files can be extracted with Dell_PFS_Extract, but you’ll get only parts of the firmware.

well it seems what i’ve been attempting is right, in there it said that if the hard drive is formatted or corrupted, i can attempt recovering the bios using USB drive, and all i need to do is rename the .exe file to BIOS_IMG.rcv.
but the problem is even using that methode doesn’t solve the issue, since after detecting the BIOS image, it gives me update failed error, and the PC reboots.
anything else i can try ?

As always- there might be som newer versions that don’t allow downgrade, so if you know the installed version you might try ‘same version’ or newer, you might try a smaller USB stick, different file systems (<= 1 GB, FAT), but as written…

Buy a CH341 programmer if you didn’t do that already, make a valid(!) dump of the firmware and attach it / post a link.
This way one might find out at least if there are signs to corruption or if this might be another hardware error.