Dell Optiplex 780 Raid Auto/ATA back to Raid Auto/AHCI

I had an Opt 780 that had a BIOS setting of Raid Auto/AHCI and I switch it to Raid Auto/ATA!! 8 toes left… after I realized this, I reset the BIOS back to Raid Auto/AHCI but the HDD wouldn’t boot…doh.
Is there any way to recover the boot sector on the HDD so it will boot in Raid Auto/AHCI again? I put the HDD in another PC and I can see folders/files on that HDD even though it won’t boot. So at least I can recover files. Any insigth is appreciated…

@astro3ron :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Since it doesn’t make sense to start 2 threads about the same topic, I have deleted the other thread, which had been started by you.
Now to your request:
To be able to understand your problem and to find a solution, I need the following information:
1. Which are the BIOS options regarding the SATA mode of the on-board SATA Controller? Since they seem to be different, I need the options of the Optiplex 780 and Optiplex 980.
2. With which SATA mode BIOS setting were you able to boot into the OS while using the Optiplex 780?
3. Which OS did you run on your Dell Optiplex 980 and which OS do you want to run on the Optiplex 780?
4. Which are the exact chipsets of the “old” and the “new” Dell system?
5. Does any of your Dell systems contain more than 1 disk drive (= HDD as the system drive)? If yes, which one(s)?
It would be very helpful, if you can post the HardwareIDs of the SATA Controller, which was in-use while you were booting off the Dell Optiplex 980. To find it out, you should reinsert the HDD into the Optiplex 980, boot into the OS, run the Device Manager, expand the sections “IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers” and - if applicable - “Storage Controllers”, find all devices with the word “Controller” in it, do a right-click onto them and choose the options “Properties” > “Details” > “Property” > “HardwareIDs”.
Please post the exact name(s) of the Controller(s) and their HardwareIDs.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)