Dell T3600 Bios to support NVME SSD (Success)

@cnwujianhua
750 just got UEFI option rom that you could set the “Mass Storage Option ROMS”(or similar) as UEFI in your bios,and then you could take the 750 as system disk even you don’t flash the modded bios.

Someone had make it in HP Z420.

HI Lost_N_BIOS,

I suppose the T3600 SPINVME.bin mod can be used to flash any T3600 system. Has the mod be unique for each system?

Thank you.

HI gloobox,

What is the T3610 uploaded BIOS version? I plan to load it on a T3600 and boot from a Samsung 960 EVO. Do you see any issues with that?

Thank you.

@Lost_N_BIOS Thank you for sharing your help. With a day of work, my T3610 is successfully boot from an NVMe drive without using a USB stick.

To everyone else who has T3600/T3610, follow his suggestion to extract a SPI.bin under service mode. That is a BIOS rom that you modify with MMTool and UEFITool. Let me know if anyone else need help.

1 Like

Dear collegues,

I would like to replace my current SSDs with nvme. Could you mod MY t3600 bios or reupload an existing one, please?
I haven’t bought any specific drive yet (1TB goal), I’m open to any (from cpmatibility point of view) suggestions.
BTW: what about bifurcation and RAID on t3600? My ultimate goal would be to have some kind of redundancy at least on part of available space.

BR
Bartek

Ok… I’m not allowed to put links so please find an upladed zip

dell_t3600.zip (2.08 MB)

@Wololo : Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
The insertion of the NVMe module into your attached BIOS is very easy, if you follow my guide, which is within the start post of >this< thread (I have just done a test and was able to get the module named NvmExpressDxe_4.ffs properly inserted by using the AMI MMTool v4.50.0.23). Don’t ask me for my already modded BIOS. I generally do not modify BIOSes on request.
All other BIOS modding questions should be asked within >this< Sub-Forum. If you want an already modded BIOS, you should post your request >here<.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hello @Fernando ,

My modded BIOS seems to work fine. Thank you for guiding me. I will share my final results when I get new drive.

Hi @Fernando or someone who can assist me, I would like to seek help in adding the NVME file on my dumped Bios.
Link to Dumped SPI -> https://www48.zippyshare.com/v/4DIZwogc/file.html

My Desktop is Dell T3610:
Processor: Xeon E5-1607 V2
Bios: A19
NVME: SK Hynix PC300

I actually tried it myself, but when comparing the original and modded SPI, I saw some difference regarding ‘Pad Files’ entry. I’m new to this Bios Modding thing and have no idea about ‘Pad Files’. I dont want to brick my system that’s why I’m being extra careful.
Thank you.

@thorne : Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
I generally do no modify BIOSes on request. If you don’t want or are not able to do the BIOS modification yourself, I recommend to start a new thread within >this< Sub-Forum.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Noted on this…Thanks Fernando…:slight_smile:

Hi @tojason Can you share me the tool that you used when inserting the NVME file and also your modded bios. Thanks…

@thorne Would you happen to have the 4m and 8m chip dumps?

Hey did you manage to find the 4mb /8mb dump ?? I modded the bios and now the machine just turns on and off :S

Did u made any backup with FPT tool in Service mode Jumper as described in earlier posts, before the mod flash?

I have 2 Machine Dell T3610 and T3600
Want to upgrade with NVMe SSD on PCI slot.

Plz help

Hi All,

Ran into the same issue. Bought a 2nd hand T3600 and got a pcie nvme m.2 gen3 x4 adapter.

I managed to go thru it albeit the process was a bit long and tedious.

1. Install Windows 10/11 (any will do) on any disk. Better if you only connect 1 disk to motherboard at this stage.

2. Watch the [My bad apparently other solutions are not welcomed here.]

It doesn’t have English language but you can turn on automated cc translation or watch the video a few times.

The video will teach you how to flash/enable the motherboard to detect your pcie nvme drive and install into it.

My short understanding:
Load into Windows
Download the T3600/T3610 folder with bin file
Place a jumper on Reset in motherboard
Boot into Service Mode
Run the command in the T3600/3610 folder
Once successful, power off pc
Remove jumper and or place back to original

Now, you can either boot back to your Windows or do the same thing I did.

Disconnect disk with Windows
Plug in PCIe NVMe (i used Lexmark NM620)
Prep a bootable usb (Any OS, i used Ubuntu)
Go to Bios, setup boot order and anything else
OS loads and ask you to install in which disk
PCIe NVMe shows up and select it
Finish Install and reboot (remove your usb)
OS now boots from PCIe NVMe

@MeatWar - let me know if you want me to take out this post as well. I removed the link already.

No, you don’t need to remove anything else… was just curious why you follow an outside source and no mentions to this forum/guide posting here…
Anyway…congratulations and enjoy.

Most of the links i tried to follow from here are no longer available. I just wanna be helpful to others with the same scenario.