DELL T5600 - BIOS A15 & A17

Don’t forget -savemac

You can just do the BIOS region, possibly, I am not sure since the structure for this BIOS is different than many, not sure this will work as expected
fptw -rewrite -bios -savemac -f T5600A17MSR.bin

Entire BIOS method, this will make you have to reflash ME again since original ME is in this BIOS.
fptw -rewrite -savemac -f T5600A17MSR.bin

And always make backup first
fptw -d backup.rom

And full power off after flashing, reboot will not get it.

Backup made.

If I try
fptw64 -rewrite -bios -savemac -f T5600A17MSR.bin

tells: "Error 200: Invalid parameter value specified by user. Use -? option to see help"

If I try to flash full this is wat I get

"fptw64 -rewrite -savemac -f T5600A17MSR.bin"

Intel (R) Flash Programming Tool. Version: 8.1.60.1561
Copyright (c) 2007 - 2014, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Platform: Intel(R) Patsburg Chipset - Reserved DID 0x1D41
Reading HSFSTS register… Flash Descriptor: Valid

— Flash Devices Found —
MX25L6405D ID:0xC22017 Size: 8192KB (65536Kb)
MX25L3205D ID:0xC22016 Size: 4096KB (32768Kb)

The PDR region exists in flash.
Continuing will cause the loss of any pre-existing data.
Do you wish to continue? Y/<N> or q to quit : y

Warning: The input file does not contain an Active GbE Region to
save the MAC Address and/or SSID/SVID to.

Error 459: There is a problem with the GbE binary which prevents saving the data.

I thought that might be a problem, since this BIOS is non-standard! The -savemac is what causes this, please be sure you get a working verified backup before doing anything else, that way you don’t end up loosing the MAC address and other PDR info I you flash.

It can be put back later with either BIOS edit or other tools. Try the BIOS region only, not full BIOS, minus the -savemac switch

You could also try making a copy of the BIOS file you want to flash, and then what happens if you change the file extension to .hdr and flash like you normally would with a Dell BIOS.
Do you even have a normal “Dell Update” type BIOS utility for this board, or only what’s originally contained in the exe BIOS file itself?

"It can be put back later with either BIOS edit or other tools"
Which tool should I try? Just to see if I can backup MAC and PDR info.

"Try the BIOS region only, not full BIOS, minus the -savemac switch"
Tried already as: fptw64 -rewrite -bios -savemac -f T5600A17MSR.bin
It gives “Error 200: Invalid parameter value specified by user. Use -? option to see help”

"Do you even have a normal “Dell Update” type BIOS utility for this board, or only what’s originally contained in the exe BIOS file itself?"
As far as I know, T5600 only uses Exe bios type. I read somewere that is possible to replace .bin into the temp folder when using exe bios. Not sure about.

Get current LAN MAC from ipconfig /all. Then I will compare against BIOS Dump and find location.

Second paragraph, did you try again but remove the -savemac switch? >> fptw64 -rewrite -bios -f T5600A17MSR.bin
Get LAN MAC ID first

I haven’t had much time to test this week. I’ll have more time on Friday.
I kept testing about USB at waking. Either on Windows (fresh install) or OS X, once I use mouse to wake, mouse disconnected. I just need to unplug to make it work.
No option in bios (neither in ME part) related to usb waking.

Strange thing happening (not sure jet how/when) - I realized that Monday morning and Wednesday morning (not Tuesday) computer was on (all fan spinning) but kind zombie (no led or other lights).
I’m thinking it is related to wake from sleep (either Sunday night and Tuesday night I tested wake from sleep - morning after all fan spinning but PC not working).

@Lost_N_BIOS : what are the setting you have used on ME patch? Thanks

I will check in ME about USB waking, I’m not sure if there is anything related or not. It could be BIOS version issue, I know in all boards sometimes this is a problem and often fixed by new BIOS, but can also be broken by new BIOS.
Maybe we’ll have to edit an A12 for you to test on that now, I will try to find time tonight to do that for you

As far as ME settings I used, I only import your current dumped ME, or full SPI dump, and the transfer over it’s settings to a new clean ME. Then only changes I made were for the AMT enable (Later on), shown in the image I included AMT-Enabled.png
If you wanted to know all settings, I could upload a XML from the transfer process, but I don’t think it shows “all” settings but most or many are shown I believe.

I checked ME now, and do not see anything related to USB for sleep, there is a sleep setting but nothing to do with USB. It’s Power Package 2 Supported - (Mobile ON in S0) ME wake in S3, S4-5 AC only, set to True
I checked, and notice BIOS A12 is same series ME, so you can reflash back to A12 again if you want, and then reflash the clean ME’s I’ve already sent to you previously. If you want to see if BIOS A12 w/ update ME still has the USB sleep bug too.
Latest AMT Enabled one would be fine.