[Dell Venue 10] How to unlock Boot tab?

I did pop my usb in even with the recovery screen and couldn’t get it to show up in the boot options - the bios is locked down enough that I’m convinced you have to manually add the usb as a boot option through the boot menu (I believe I posted a relevant photo earlier)

Either that or the recovery stuff was blocking any form of boot…

Regardless I’ll try and update you when I get my hands back on the device, it’l be a bit.

OK, I will keep trying to figure out getting that boot tab visible then. What you can do as a check, is program in that 5055 dump, and see if it shows Boot tab, if it does, then let me know, maybe from that I could figure it out, but they looked pretty similar in this area so I didn’t compare too deeply when I first looked the other day.

@Lost_N_BIOS

Good news and better news.

Ordered a spare motherboard as I had a few close calls on the current one - this motherboard game with manufacturing mode 1, which exposes the boot tab. I’ve attached a dump of this rom in case it shows anything useful.

I also flashed the 5055 rom on to the 5050 and it exposes every menu option I wanted and immediately booted from usb! Woohoo! I consider this a working solution and have attached pictures of what that bios looks like.

Thank you for all your help up to this point - I’ve got something that works so I don’t think we need to poke around this bios anymore, but I’m more than happy to try things if you just wanted to try and solve it anyhow.

Photos (1).zip (634 KB)

5050-ManufacturingMode.zip (3.1 MB)

hello, i have a 5050 with manufacturing mode and want to install windows, so it sounds like if i flash this with the 5055 bios it will work.

Can I flash this without a programmer? I can boot off usb with the current bios?

Edit: I have downloaded the bios and utility fro Dell, have anyone tried to flash this to the android hardware?

Edit2: of course can’t appear to boot dos from uefi bios… so can’t run the exe file

Hello, I know this is probably a dead thread. But I have access to some Dell venue 5055’s and some Dell Venue 5050’s, and I would like to put linux on the 5050’s. I have read through these posts. Where is the Bios chip on these motherboards?