dimm.2 raid 0 install win 10

hello to everyone
i have asus rog rampage 6 encore . and i have 2 corsair mp510 on the dimm.2 in raid 0
and i cant install the op on it. it not apper to me

thanks a lot

@capricornx10x :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
The DIMM slots are only usable with memory sticks, but not with SSDs.
Which sort of RAID0 did you create, how did you do it and which RAID driver did you load at the beginning of the Win10 installation?
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

I will explain again, I probably did not explain well
i have x299 Asus rampage extreme vi encore and with the motherboard also comes ASUS DIMM.2 is an M.2 Riser Card
Which I installed in it 2 m.2 drives of corsair mp510 960gb.
I have already done raid 0 configuration. The drive itself appears to me without any problems in windows 10 (when I run windows 10 on other drive) but!
If I want to install windows 10 on the dimm.2 m.2 riser drives in raid 0 configuration on a clean install then the drive does not appear to me

@capricornx10x :
Which sort of RAID0 array did you create? If it should be a “Software RAID” built by the OS, you can forget trying to boot off it. It will not work.
If it should be an Intel RAID0 array, please give us some information about the in-use Intel “RaidDriver” version of your mainboard’s BIOS and your current BIOS “BOOT” section settings.
Please consider, that Windows doesn’t natively support an Intel NVMe RAID configuration. Maybe you have to load an appropriate Intel RAID driver with NVMe support at the beginning of the OS installation.

i make a intel raid 0
i made it throw the intel virtual cpu raid software . i make the the raid o configuration without no problem. it detected in my windows.
again if i want to install OS the new raid 0 array not showing up.

My BIOS version is 0603 - the newest
I changed BIOS from rst to ahci so that I can configure raid 0 and detect it.
I turned on the dimm.2 and both drives were visible. Then I created the raid 0 array from windows through the Intel software. Without any problems.

But when I want to perform a clean installation of the OS the drive of the raid 0 array does not appear.

@capricornx10x :
If you want to boot off an Intel RAID array, you should create it physically from within the BIOS by using the "Rapid Storage Technology" option and not virtually by using the Intel VROC Software.
The Intel SATA Controller has to be set to "RAID" mode (and not to "AHCI" mode), before you create the RAID0 array. Furthermore you have to disable the "Fast Boot" and "Secure Boot" option within the BIOS and to start the OS installation in UEFI mode.

I think you’re wrong.Because dimm.2 receives bandwidth from the processor. I can not configure raid 0 through intel rapid storage but only through intel vroc.But maybe I’m wrong, I do not know.By your way I can’t even create the raid 0 configuration because the bios does not recognize the dimm.2 on which corsair m.2 is located Anyway I tried all the options and still without success.

This is a total disaster. This guy Fernando is the owner of these forums and kind of knowledge raid god around, but literally knows zip about basic raid configurations in some situations, where this one seems to be one of them. Don’t get me wrong, he helped me in the past, but still, these are basics.

Let me explain, why You can’t use raid0 in that case.

RST controls only M.2 slots under PCH, which is connected via DMi to Your CPU. Meaning You can create raid0 with max. speed of 3.25 GB/s both ways. Oh boy, that’s pretty useless now, innit?

RST controls SATA drives.

RST doesn’t control DiMM.2 slots, since their controlled under CPU directly.

So here are Your options.

a) I once managed to create raid0 array from within Windows external installation, and Windows did remember it for clean installation hot. I’m unable to replicate this anymore, I don’t know why. It’s driving me nuts. I mean Windows should have marked drives as an array and should see them from installation to installation. I’m porting one SW raid1 array with me since Windows 7, and now being in my Windows 10 1909 live and kicking.

b) Use VROC function, I’ve had X299 Apex, it has it, and I’ve had X299 Extreme, it had it. x299 Asus rampage extreme vi encore does supports it, use it.

c) use HW PCi-e AiC with Raid capabilities, although, I do suggest You use VROC, it’s much easier.

And last but not least, I built few rigs with VROC, but beware. VROC is not so great, nor terrible. It’s slower than SW raid, since it can’t utilize write back caching, or maybe can, but I never found out how. Hope this helps, and cheers!

uplink

P.S.: You need to enable the DiMM.2 slot in BiOS, before You can see it, just sayin’… [on Z490 chipset, it’s PCi-e 16x + DiMM.2_1 and DiMM.2_2, since I have no X299 handy, I can’t tell You how, You need to look for it. I was one of the first people on this damn planet to have VROC working on Asus X299 Apex, at a time, when no one could make it work…I mean it, jokes aside :)].