[Discussion] UBU Tool related Questions, Reports and Suggestions

@Div You can find the latest Microcode here https://github.com/platomav/CPUMicrocodes and here Intel, AMD, VIA & Freescale CPU Microcode Repositories Discussion

If you want old Microcode, you can find it [OFFER] Intel CPU Microcode Archives

@jen11
Thank you !

This links if I’m not mistaken updates "OROM Intel RST for SATA" goes to Files\intel\RST, what about "EFI Intel RST for SATA"?

Both files in same folder, EFI driver and OROM.

README.TXT
# Only IRST files should be located in this folder.
# RaidOrom.bin DevID 2822/282a
# RaidDriver.efi

RaidDriver.efi
RaidOrom.bin

@westlake Do you happen to have an efirom version of this GOP driver, so it can be used with GOPupd?

I noticed that bringing in any change on the ROG Maximus VII Ranger bios breaks RAM overclocking.
I first tried to update everything (that moment when a 2018 bios from Asus on a top end motherboard has older firmwares than a 2016 bios from Gigabyte), then tried everything without the CPU microcode and last I tried to update only the RST.
The RAM speed is then stuck at 1333MHz, even though 2133MHz is selected. The rest seems to be working fine.

I hope someone has a workaround for this issue.

Preferrably I would like to know if it’s possible to get 1080p output support over a GPU attached to the PCIe port. Iirc, it currently only has 1280x960 stretched and it looks blurry and ugly. I heard that 1080p output should work over the iGPU, but I haven’t tried it (nor is the iGPU of any use to me).
To me it’s quite unacceptable for a motherboard that costed nearly 100 euro (at the time) more than Gigabyte’s entry level Z97X-SLI which does have 1080p support.

hi
it makes sense to update intel GOP "EFI rom / VBT"
when using only D-gpu mode

benefits come only for igpu mode ??
,.,.it’s just weird that so many users are trying to update this

@SoniX

The UBU tool is amazing and I cant wait for the next release! Is there any chance of adding support for other platforms of bios? Insyde or Phoenix/Award for example? Possibly a separate tool for each platform?

@SoniX
Where do I download this?!?

@SoniX
Where do I download this?!?

@twindragon6 :

>Here<. It is SoniX’s MEGA account. You can find the link within the start page of >this< thread as well.

@Fernando
That’s version 0.28.8

@twindragon6 : Ask SoniX.
All I can say is, that
a) SoniX has freshly uploaded the drvver.exe file on 11/09/2021 and
b) the hex code of this file is completely different from the drvver.exe, which is within the original UBU tool v1.79.17.

@Fernando
Thanks! It’s in the main folder, my mistake.

Hi all it’s been awhile,
Has anyone here used the ubu tool on a gigabyte z390 board?

@trebleta
Since there was not reason to start a new thread regarding your question, I have moved your post into this already existing 100% matching thread.

@Fernando , thanks boss. Hope you are good and well. Also thank you for your past help.
So as i said above, has anyone used this great tool on a Gigabyte Z390 Master motherboard. I have used ubu tool to read bios info, but after i messed my marvell controller on another board before ubu was around, im after all the advice I can get, Hoping someone has used and could point out anything I should know?
But the ubu is a god send

@trebleta :
I am pretty sure, that the UBU tool works with the BIOS of a Gigabyte Z390 Master, but I doubt, that you will get this way an answer to your question.
My advice: Enter “Gigabyte Z390 Master” (without quotation marks) into the Forum’s “Search” box. You will get a lot of hints!

@trebleta :
On overclock.net I use the tool to mod Gigabyte Z390 BIOS’s for peeps in the Gigabyte Z390 thread.
It’s a little tricky though, you need to manually download the RST firmware and for the GOP firmware you need to use the proper VBT file that someone provided for me in a thread here or onboard video does not work.
I provide all the BIOS’s modded for peeps there though, find the overclock.net Gigabyte Z390 thread.

Edit: I also use the best performing fastest microcodes when I mod the BIOS’s.

Edit by Fernando: Fully quoted post replaced by directly addressing (to save space)

@kedarwolf Hi ya mate, it’s me from oc.
yes your modified bios is grand and you have done a really splendid job just thinking you dont have a z390 now so was going to help out, thinking ahead.
When I get time will look at your past posts too.