[Discussion] UBU Tool related Questions, Reports and Suggestions

New link https://cloud.mail.ru/public/SJtt/FeyYSFD6m

EFI Atheros-BitFoot Lan UNDI - This is an old file - no version.

Please attach file.

Hello Sonyx
I just wanted to say that your work with UBU has been great. It has saved me many motherboards that would have been rendered useless because of Spectre meltdown.
Thanks for your wonderful work

@GnarZ77 :
SoniX has replied to your info, that new Realtek LAN BIOS modules are available, but forgot to address his post personally. So I just want, that you get notified about his reply.

@SoniX :
Here 2.049 Realtek UNDI

RtkUndiDxe.2.049.2019.06.17_signed.zip (124 KB)

realtek undi pxe rom attached.
What a coincidence. someone just happened to post when i am posting…

EDIT by Fernando: Attachement removed, because it was identical with the one, which has already been attached by hoffer.

@GnarZ77 :

This has been posted by you on 31th July - without adding any attachment or link where to find the downloads.
That was not really helpful for the UBU maker SoniX and the UBU users, who are waiting for the next UBU update. As you surely know, SoniX has severe health problems with his eyes and it is not easy for him to search for the related files himself.

I had no clue Sonix was having health issues.

And attaching a file is nice and all , but i would think you people would want to download from the Original source. Just as a way of doing things, to make sure no one could post a changed file here.
As if you guys don’t know where to get official realtek files. i’m sensing BS to play games. And i’m not gonna play along.

Also i posted when someone else was posting on the same time, that is a coincidence like not many happen.

And why haven’t you posted the link to the Realtek download site on 31th July?

@SoniX

Intel SKL/KBL VBIOS 9.0.1065

8086-0406 Intel Skylake-Kabylake VBIOS 9.0.1065.zip (38.9 KB)

And why haven’t you posted the link to the Realtek download site on 31th July?

Why i didn’t post it? Because i thought you would be smarter than this. You would know where to get the file, and a secure thinking person gets it from official sites. Plain Obvious i would guess.

It is SoniX and not me, who is the developer of the UBU tool. He obviously was not able to find the source files. Otherwhise he wouldn’t have asked you for the link.

To download files from Realtek website, you need to enter Captcha. I have some problems entering Captcha.

HI,Is this file?

RtkUndiDxe.2.049.2019.06.17_signed.zip (124 KB)

0007-RTEGPXE.266.zip (170 KB)

Sorry if this may have been answered a thousand times, but I’m unable to find something useful: I just want to update the included microcodes. UBU seems to provide an option for this (“D - Go and Download latest versions MCE and DB”), but what do I have to do with the downloaded file from https://github.com/platomav/MCExtractor/releases? For example, I downloaded the most current MCExtractor-r121.zip, but what comes after that?

BlackArchon, you must put MCE.DB and MCE.EXE to UBU directory, and you will see relevance microcodes when refresh its.

Oh, now I understand: I need both downloads, the latest DB release and the latest MC Extractor release. Thanks! :slight_smile:

@SoniX
Would you upload VBIOS 9.0.1065 vbiosskc.dat (skl_1065.dat) please like skl_1062.dat in your Intel_VBIOS_and_BSF.7z archive?

Hey, neither the MCE.exe nor the MCE.db do contain the actual microcode files. How do the newer microcodes come to UBU when I’m only updating the two mentioned files?