[Discussion] UBU Tool related Questions, Reports and Suggestions

Is there a way to see what AGESA version a BIOS is running easily with UBU? SMU?
I am either blind or its not currently possible?

If not, at least I have it in as a feature request.

When i mod my asrock z97 aniverssary uefi with latest ubu tool the pad file before the microcodes is missing. Is this a problem?
I have a picture from @Lost_N_BIOS the explains what i mean.

Bad-uCode-Mod_pad-missing.png

@boombastik If the padding is missing then the microcodes may be at a different physical location than expected and sometimes this can cause the computer failure to POST.

Is the offset for ‘Microcode’ different than the original BIOS? If so then I wouldn’t flash the modified BIOS unless you can recover from being bricked.

Do you have a SPI programmer?

i Have spi programmer but the pad that missing is something thatn @SoniX must see.

It might be true that some Gigabyte Z390 BIOS’d I have been modding microcodes and other firmware with UBU Tool have been causing some people that flashed the BIOS’s from being able to post.

I’m not using my Gigabyte Z390 Master motherboard currently to check to see if there are issues but a few people have reported in another forum being unable to post after flashing modded BIOS’s.

@boombastik

Link to the BIOS file, see.
But your case is most likely not critical as for the 300th series.

@sonix
In wetransfer i uploaded the bios and the modded bios with ubu tool for you to take a look.
-https://we.tl/t-ZUaHUXnyCi

@SoniX i uploaded the original bios and the modded bios in my answer above.

@boombastik

I watched. This is not a critical case.
Moreover, the replacement is made by MMTool.

@SoniX
Yes the replacement made with ubu tool with the help of mmtool.
So it is not a problem and i can flash it?

@SoniX Would it be a problem for Z390 boards? There have been reports of not being able to post after flashing UBU Tool modded BIOS’s with Gigabyte Z390 boards.
I’m not using my Z390 Master to test it though, so not 100% sure.

Here’s a modded newer Gigabyte Z390 BIOS. T0D Master BIOS,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C6pnrwP…iew?usp=sharing

@boombastik

You have a 9th series board and BIOS Aptio 4. For such a long period of time no one complained.

@SoniX :
Can you check the padding in the BIOS. A few people couldn’t post and it’s been a few people with that issue with the newer BIOS’s.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C6pnrwP…iew?usp=sharing

EDIT by Fernando: Fully quoted posts replaced by directly addressing (to save space)

@KedarWolf
In the 300th series, this byte string was lost

FFFFFFFFEAD0FF00F0000000000000000000272DFFFFFFFF

This problem occurs when using UEFITool/UEFIReplace versions 0.26.0 and higher.
In order not to lose this PAD, you must use UEFITool/UEFIReplace 0.25.x.
Therefore, in UBU 2 files of UEFIReplace.

Added:
In your file 1.T0d, this PAD is in place.

1_T0d.JPG

@SoniX :
Thank you. :slight_smile:

EDIT by Fernando: Fully quoted post replaced by directly addressing (to save space)

For information i modded my 9th series board (asrock z97) and it worked as expected without the pad.

@SoniX New microcodes here from @Marvin
-Intel, AMD, VIA & Freescale CPU Microcode Repositories Discussion (26)

We are waiting for the update of MCE DB.

Edit:
My subscription turned off again.

@SoniX You have not updated the microcode for Cascade lake-X (cpu50657_platBF_ver05002F00_2020-01-14_PRD_C6A68CE6.bin) in the 3647 folder ?

Updated and reuploaded.