[Discussion] UBU Tool related Questions, Reports and Suggestions

UBU does not have support for that VIA FW, must search alternatives to update it.

BIOS modules (PCI ROM, EFI and others)

VIA VL80x USB 3 PCI-E Firmware Utility (Code 10 error)

It is very problematic to replace the firmware of third-party controllers, such as USB, built into the BIOS. But practice shows that the firmware of third-party controllers is updated without problems by external utilities.

is there anything I need to be worried about?

Using UBU v1.79.16.5 and MMTool Aptio 5.02.0024 Mod
Original UEFI File from this asus*com/de/Laptops/For-Home/ZenBook/ZenBook-Flip-15-UX563/HelpDesk_Download/?model2Name=ZenBook-Flip-15-UX563 can be downloaded there… (file is too huge to upload it here - replace star with dot)

----
Hey @Fernando - the Link to the Mega folder is dead:

Hi guys,
My motherboard is GA-H81M-HD3 (rev. 2.0) form Gigabyte - bios file is here. I’m using UBU 1.79.16.5 with (properly renamed) MMTool placed in the same directory. When I try to use cpu microcode replace function I’ve got this error - “Need MMTool” but mmtool_a4.exe (v5.0.0.7) is there. Why UBU Tool can’t see it?

screen.jpg

Hey Guys,
trying to follow the tutorial just wanna clear one thing, orom for GOP_vbt folder in UBU bios updater folder is it "Intel(R) Mobile/Desktop PCI Accelerated SVGA BIOS
Build Number: 1000 PC 14.34 27/03/2015 10:16" dg1_oprom.rom? i have Comet lake H I7 10750 @ 2600 mhz and chipset HM470.

thANK YOU

AMD 4700S 8-Core Processor Desktop Kit

amd.png

C06.rar (2.01 MB)

Anyone using MSI Unify x570 that can’t flash UBU updated bioses anymore?
In the last couple of bios versions flashing a modded bios hasn’t worked at all for me, neither via bios flashback feature, or trying via ami win flash tool. It just gets stuck after rebooting, have to do a bios flashback with unmodded bios to get it working again.

EFI Realtek UNDI Driver - Unknown

Realtek EFI Wi-Fi 8822ce
But…
We have new TigerLake GOP 17.0.1064
Tnx.

Hello,

This is my first post here. I hope to get some info concerning a strange problem.
I found this forum because I’m searching a solution for my Bios-POST problem.

Mainboard : Supermicro X11S11-Q
Chipset : Intel Q170
Bios : X11SSVQ0_A28.zip
BIOS Revision: 3.5 (Newest)
Boot Device : M.2 Slot Samsung 970 Evo SSD
Data Device : SATA Slot Samsung 870 QVO SSD

Everything is working fine till I connect a Samsung 870 QVO SSD as a Data-Device (no BOOT!)
The duration of the Bios POST gets an additional 14-15 sec with the message : DXE–AHCI Initialization

After that Windows starts normal and the drive is recognized in Windows.

I tried loading Bios default values / Resetting the CMOS / Editing nearly every BIOS Value about SATA etc.
Nothing helped → 14-15 sec addition at POST Bios.

With another HDD/SSD as Data-Device there is no slowdown at the POST Bios.
I tried a HDD and another Samsung SSD (860 EVO) at the Supermicro X11S11-Q.

I also tried the Samsung 870 QVO SSD on another computer → No slowdown at POST process.

The Bios of Supermicro X11S11-Q needs this 14-15s for recognizing the 870 QVO SSD. Very strange.

So I hope to ‘build’ a better Bios with UBU.
UBU reported the following about my ‘active’ Bios File:

[Current version in BIOS file]
1 - Disk Controller
EFI Intel RSTe for SATA - 4.7.0.1017
OROM Intel RSTe for SATA - 4.7.0.1017
EFI NVMe Driver present
2 - Video OnBoard
EFI GOP Driver SKL-KBL - 9.0.1046
RAW GOP VBT SKYLAKE - 205
OROM VBIOS SKL-KBL - 1039
3 - Network
EFI Intel Gigabit UNDI - 0.0.09
EFI Intel PRO1000 UNDI - 6.7.05
OROM Intel Boot Agent CL - 0.1.10
OROM Intel Boot Agent GE - 1.4.04
4 - Other SATA Controller
5 - CPU MicroCode
View/Extract/Search/Replace
S - AMI Setup IFR Extractor
0 - Exit

Should I replace the ‘Disk Contoller’ Part ?
If yes, which version should I use/try ?
And where do I get this version ?

It would be great if anyone could point me to the right direction.

killer.png

61MS2PV2.rar (2.78 MB)

Deprecated, not supported for a long time.
Latest ver 2.0.6.6
VenID:DevID - 1969:1073
I do not recommend replacing the EFI, it may not support old chips.

Good day, using UBU 1.79.17 with python-3.9.6-amd64, mmtool_a4.exe to refresh an Aptio 4 BIOS on W10 1809 LTS:

So UBU’s Disk Controller section has replaced Intel RST GUID and OROM with the correct version. Ran again to verify, all good.

However after updated CPU microcode I went to re-verify Disk Controller and UBU is able to replace the RST GUID item again, only OROM and the version stays fine.

After some testing results came back with 2 image variants, the re-updated RST image’s hex length is about 792 bytes shorter.

So came down to the questions:

Should I trust the image that ignore re-update the RST after updated the microcode?

Or should I trust the image that has re-updated RST after the microcode? If so…
Does re-updating the RST may break the microcode update? Or is this a possible bug with the UBU?

Thanks for reading and the help. If there’s anything else needed I will provide.

@fernando >> the latest version of the 7z-archive beginning with “Intel_RST(e)” from >here< (developer’s MEGA hoster)
-Has Been Deleted

@KGO87 : As you can see here, the RST(e) BIOS modules are still offered by SoniX on his MEGA-Account:

Intel RSTe modules.png

P.S.:
1. Due to the fact, that >this< thread is reserved for the announcements of the UBU maker SoniX, I have moved your post into the correct UBU Discussion thread.
2. What have I to do with SoniX’s MEGA account?
3. If you want to personally address a post to a certain Forum member, you should type his/her nickname correctly (i found you post just by chance). My nickname is Fernando and not fernando.

@SoniX @Fernando
I haven’t seen these errors before, is it safe to flash regardless? Wanting to add latest MCU for my 10900K.
ASUS Z490 XII Hero Wifi

2021-08-10 13_43_02-Discord.png

EFI AMD RAIDXpert2-Fxx - 9.3.1-00029 (>9.3.0-00266)

EFI_AMD_RAIDXpert2-Fxx_9.3.1-00029.rar (124 KB)

@PhatAgent : You should wait with the BIOS flashing until SoniX has posted his comment.
Have you ever modified the CPU Microcode of this specific BIOS version before (by using the UBU tool)?

@Fernando I have not used UBU with this platform before and I haven’t seen anyone else in this thread either for that matter.
Will wait on SoniX’s input.

@Fernando

Couldn’t you put each version separately? This RAR file takes a long time to unpack and the data after unpacking is over 6GB