[Discussion] UBU Tool related Questions/Reports/Suggestions

OROM VBIOS Trinity - 015.031.000.000.046459 (>015.031.000.000.000000)
OROM VBIOS Kaveri - 015.041.000.002.046218 (>015.041.000.002.000000)

tmp.rar (44.9 KB)

Hi, i tried modifying a BIOS backup made by FPTW, but when updating the microcode it just hangs, the stock bios would modify just fine, here is a screen cap: https://i.postimg.cc/43swBD56/ubu.png

What was the message from MMTool?

No, nothing happens, it just stays like in the picture. MMtool says: Saving secure rom as unsigned.

The motherboard is a asus Z170-A

@friskies

In your screenshot, nothing is clear at all.
The replacement of microcodes in UBU is made by MMTool. It starts in minimized form. To see the message you need to expand the window.

Do not use MMTool for stock BIOS from Asus. He spoils the Capsule Header.

@Fernando
Dear Fernando,I failed to open the OneDrive link.
Could UBU file on OneDrive send to email?
Thanks.

@thinking :
Do you really think, that I have the time to send each new UBU version via eMail personally to specific Forum members?
I just have checked the OneDrive link, which is within the UBU guide, and replaced it by a new one. Please try again to download the requested new UBU tool version. If the download should fail, please give me your feedback and attach a sreenshot of the failure message.

@Fernando
I’m very sorry for my request.
Thank you for your helps and reply, Fernando.

Yes, the screenshot is from when i modify a backup made by FPTW. UBU stops responding and when i maximize MMTool it says: Saving secure rom as unsigned. I can`t modify asus stock BIOS because the flash utility says "Not a valid BIOS", and i cant use a backup saved by FPTW because it makes UBU hang. But thank you for replying

@friskies

Somehow it’s all strange.
Send this file (made by FPTW), I will see what is wrong.

@thinking

Hello thinking, i’ve updated the actual SoniX’s repository (UEFI BIOS Updater V.1.76.2.2) that i’ve uploaded to my MediaFire’s account.
If this is permanently useful for you or other user i’ll keep it updated with every single release of UBU.

The actual download link is : http://www.mediafire.com/file/jxs5znzu0s…odding.zip/file

Cheers,

KK

@killkernel
First of all, I’d like to say thank you,killkernel.
Fernando is right. My requests are too much. UBU is updated frequently. If you add another download link every time, it’s an extra hassle.
I should ask you for help when the software has important updates,not every time.
Sonix makes BIOS update very easy to operate. This is a very good software. I will recommend this software and this web to others.
Wish win-raid website better and better.
Cheers.

File was wrong size, i tried a more recent version of WFPT and now all is ok

EFI Intel 10Gigabit UNDI - 7.4.06 (new item)
EFI Intel 40GbE UNDI - 3.9.11 (new item)
EFI Intel Gigabit UNDI - 0.0.27 (>0.0.24)

pack.rar (296 KB)

Could I directly change the name of the file you provided and replace the file in the directory UBU\Files\intel\LAN\EFI ?

0.0.27 niceeeeeeeeeeee

Hello,
what are the modifications on this new version 0.0.27 ?
Thank you.

@Div :

The hex code of the module has been altered by Intel.
FYI: Only Intel knows the changelog details, but it will not publish them.

ok, thanks Fernando