[Discussion] UBU Tool related Questions/Reports/Suggestions

Last warning.

Messages about any errors without significant arguments will be ignored by me.
I am not a psychic to see the essence of the problem.

@Binarycraft

I do not see errors when saving files with the capsule header (CAP).

https://forums.overclockers.ru/viewtopic…16239#p16916239

As it turned out the whole problem with the paths.
If the path to the program: "F:!!! Не удалять !!!\BIOS\UBU 1.78.2" - works with glitches, i.e. when Cyrillic is encountered along the way.
If the path to the program is: "C:\Temp\UBU 1.78.2" - then everything works fine.

@Binarycraft
You could not tolerate until the morning? I also want to sleep sometimes. :))
Ok. This is a linguistic problem, we will solve it on overclockers.

Added:
The problem is resolved.

People, I ask everyone not to be offended. But when there is little information, it is very difficult to understand the essence of the problem. :slight_smile:

:OFFTOP

@SoniX

I’m not offended at all…and understand the difficulties of programming. Frank and free speech is useful; it adds CLARITY.

Cheers

Hi

UEFI BIOS Updater v1.79.0
Force close in the cpu mcode find procedure
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LG…O-ASUS-1502.zip

Kind regards,
centa

@SoniX Some typos here and there in UEFI BIOS Updater v1.79.1:
Line #1412
is:
echo U - Find and Replace ftom USR_list.txt
should be:
echo U - Find and Replace from Usr_mCode.txt

Line #1413
is:
echo E - View/Edit USR_list.txt
should be:
echo E - View/Edit Usr_mCode.txt

P.S.
Still it is not possible to update microcodes in this bios file for Acer Aspire ES1-131.

If BIOS is not AMI Aptio, then alas.

For the first time windows defender is telling me that your latest 1.79.1 is: Trojan:Win32/Azden.B!cl

@chinobino

Some old UBU versions for the archive repo. The link is temporary:

https://mega.nz/file/Gd1FBQ6B#y7aRNAf1A1…mtWe8huYf25KEmY

UBU_v1_1_8
UBU_v1_41
UBU_v1_45_4
UBU_v1_65_4
UBU_v1_69_13

@plutomaniac Thank you, downloaded [Edit] and now also uploaded to the repository

@chinobino Did you already create a thread that possibly could be pinned? I struggled somewhat with finding again the link to the repository- did I miss something?

UBU_v1_79_0.rar
UBU_v1_79_B1.rar
UBU_v1_79_b3.rar
UBU_v1_79_rc1.rar

[Tool Guide+News] "UEFI BIOS Updater" (UBU) (3)

@lfb6 As plutomaniac pointed out it was added to the op;

I think that alpha, beta, Dev and RC does not make sense to restore. These builds are test ones.

Thanks a lot, that’s very discreete and tactful. I read this post twice, searched the page for ‘archive’ (but not repository- my bad), and didn’t aussume that the repo would be mentioned under "General remarks regarding the usage of the UBU toolkit".

I’d personally prefere an own thread created by Chinobino with a list of included versions. This way he could edit the OP and keep the content list updated. In addition one always has to download the latest archive for checking if a version is already included in the repo.

So I’ve been following this guide and @Fernando guide to add NVMe support to my MSI 970 Gaming (ms-7693)

I used MMTool Aptio 4.50.0023 to insert the NvmExpressDxe_4 driver and save the result of that. All seemed well with the verification of that.

I then moved to update my CPU Microcodes using this guide. I got the same exact issue as @snowind as reported in #781 and fixed due to a “PE Volume error” by @Sylar76 in #850

I don’t see any option for me to upload my BIOS here, maybe because I am a new member here?

@devkinetic :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
All registered Forum members can attach archives with the extension .ZIP or .RAR, if the compressed size is not bigger than 6 or 8 MB (I am not sure about the limit).
Enjoy the Forum!
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Ah, when I hit “reply” vs the quick reply I see the form. Here is my original BIOS, and the one modified via your other guide for the NVMe module. As stated, I’m getting that same error as #781 when trying to update my microcodes.

I am using the latest version of the UBU tool, which required me to setup mmtool_a4.exe within its root. It did also pop an error for that trojan as reported by a user a few posts back.

7693vM4.zip (4.14 MB)

7693vM4-modded.zip (4.14 MB)

Yes, that makes sense. If someone has them already and wants to share, why not. But I agree that we should not actively look for such versions and not store current ones of that nature to avoid clutter.

However, as an exception, if someone has v1.29 Beta 1, v1.29 Beta 2 or v1.29 (not v1.29.1) then please share to maybe retrieve old MEA executables.

It is difficult to find indeed but couldn’t find a better place for it at that thread to be honest.

I agree. It might be better to do it that way instead. If chinobino does not want to create a thread, then we could at least add a text document with a list of included versions at the MEGA folder link.