FPTW64.exe -D full.bin

than must flash with

FPTW64.exe -F full.bin

and when I make a backup with

FPTW64.exe -D BIOS.bin -BIOS

, than I must flash with

FPTW64.exe -f BIOS.bin -BIOS

- Right?

I think my BIOS is brocken, because the original BIOS is 16MByte. The full backup is 16MByte, but the BIOS backup only (FPTW64.exe -D backup.bin -BIOS) is 12MByte. And I have flashed the 12MByte with FPTW64.exe -D back.bin - I forget -BIOS at the end! Right?

@mouseT447

-GBE - work only with the Region GBE (Intel LAN only)
-DESC - work only with the Region DESC (Descriptor)
-ME - work only with the Region ME (FW ME)
-BIOS - work only with the Region BIOS (BIOS itself)
Each region has its own size,
If you want to reflash everything, then the arguments are not used. And so, we mainly work with the BIOS Region.

Now it works. I’m so happy. Thx.

@ket - I’ll have to test that and see how it works out, I’ve never seen such things possible, but I’ve not tried much since I mainly get Intel requests.
In most cases, I find it easier/safer to unsuppress via FF the item variable directly, some BIOS freeze or brick if you move stuff around, so I tend to go with FF as safer for all users.
I will test on Asus ROG-STRIX-X570-E-GAMING, don’t have high hopes though, think we already tried and fail as expected
* Edit - Yes, never mind, already tested and fail for PBS, CBS not suppressed at all, yet no way to make it visible

In the latest post in the UBU release thread it says "In order to avoid problems with antivirus software, the next build will use the MCE.py file instead of MCE.exe."

I think it would be helpful to also mention that MCE.py can be found in any DB update in the MCExtractor repo. And for people who are beginners with python, that you can install the mentioned modules using

pip install colorama
pip install pltable

UBU v1.79.2.1 still ships with MCE.exe, but it seems to get deleted whenever it is used, causing errors. It works after setting up MCE.py though.

Edit: Oh it was getting deleted because Windows was flagging it as a virus, which is why UBU is switching to the Python version in the first place. Oops. Well, I still stand by the rest of what I said :)

After installing Phyton, I get the ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘colorama’ in UBU 1.7.3. I’m not experienced with Python…

@gpvecchi Did you try running ‘python -m pip install colorama’ from a cmd prompt?

[Edit] The other dependency plutomaniac mentioned is PLTable;

python -m pip install PLTable

Note: As PLTable is a fork from PrettyTable you might get the error message ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘prettyTable’ if PLTable is not installed.

Installing PrettyTable will not allow MCE.py to run - you must install PLTable.

@SoniX I have python 3.8.3 installed but using UBU_v1_79_3 and selecting ‘5 - CPU Microcode’ I get error message;

Need Python 3.7 or higher
Press any key to continue . . .

This line is causing me trouble;

set mce=mce.py

If I edit it like this it works;

set mce=py mce.py

I’m really having 0 luck with this BIOS editing stuff …

So when I flashed the BIOS file updated by UBU my machine booted fine but the screen output was flipped upside down - wtf?

@SoniX

MCE.py instead of MCE.exe (1.9.3 vs. 1.9.2.1)? :slight_smile:

1.79.3.png

Look here.
[Guide] Transfer of specific Intel OROM VBIOS and GOP VBT settings by using Intel BMP tool
This problem has already been solved. In addition to the GOP driver, for SKL-KBL, it is necessary to update the VBT, but first make the necessary settings.

@westlake

In v1.79.3, and in the future, there is no MCE.exe file, but you can continue to use it.

Yes, not working, same error…

@gpvecchi
What version of Python is installed?

I checked versions 3.7 and 3.8. I have Vin x64, I installed Web and offline-install.
After installing the package itself:
"Win+R" - cmd (Enter)
>pip install colorama
bla-bla-bla
>pup install pltable
bla-bla-bla

Everything works without problems.0.

Added:
If you have earlier versions of Python installed, then uninstall them.

@chinobino

When installing Python, you checked the "Add to Path"?

@SoniX Yes, I just ran a repair and no change.

repair_python.gif

Current paths;

python -c "import sys; print(sys.executable); print(sys.path)"
C:\Program Files\Python38\python.exe
[’’, ‘C:\Program Files\Python38\python38.zip’, ‘C:\Program Files\Python38\DLLs’, ‘C:\Program Files\Python38\lib’, ‘C:\Program Files\Python38’, ‘C:\Program Files\Python38\lib\site-packages’]

When I run ‘Manage App Execution Aliases’ in Windows;

App_execution_aliases.gif

Windows Environment Variables;

Windows_environment_variables.gif

Installed version is x64;

Python 3.8.3 (tags/v3.8.3:6f8c832, May 13 2020, 22:37:02) [MSC v.1924 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.

From the picture it is clear that the "Scripts" folder is at the PATH so running pip should work. The easiest command is "pip install colorama pltable"

Capture.PNG

The alternative of course is to manually go to the Scripts folder and run pip from there.

Look here.
[Guide] Transfer of specific Intel OROM VBIOS and GOP VBT settings by using Intel BMP tool
This problem has already been solved. In addition to the GOP driver, for SKL-KBL, it is necessary to update the VBT, but first make the necessary settings.

My BIOS contains Coffee Lake version 1019 - instructions seem unclear for this version. I can’t find any .bsf file for it …

Here is my Python installation example.

1) Delete all old versions, if any.
2) I used the Web installation for Windows x64
–>> "python-3.8.3-amd64-webinstall.exe"
3) Screnshots::
3.1) Check "Add Python 3.8 to PATH" and use "Custom Installation"

scr1.JPG

3.2) Default

scr2.JPG

3.3) Check "Associate…" and short path "C:\Python"

scr3.JPG

3.4) Install done.

scr4.JPG

4) Install packages Colorama and PLTable. "Win+R" - cmd- "Enter"

scr5.JPG

5) Launch MCE.py

scr6.JPG

No problem.

@a.mihail91

For all OROM VBIOS CFL 10xx we do not have .BSF files or pure OROM.

I do not think that you are using the CSM mode in which the OROM is used.
Most likely you are using UEFI mode, but it means using the GOP driver.

If you have a GOP driver bool version 1080 and VBT version below 221, then when updating the GOP driver to version 1108, you need to update the VBT 221 or higher,.

I see VBT 221 already but when updating the GOP driver my screen was flipped … do I just run CloneVBT to copy settings over from original BIOS?

Is it possible to go higher that VBT 221 on mobile coffee lake?