[Discussion] UBU Tool related Questions/Reports/Suggestions

MMTool v5.007 and MMTool v5.02.0024 Mod were in place. (As renamed ofc)
for clarification, that hp device has 4 different versions.
both mmtool and ubu works on models which has intel cpus but not on the model in question which has amd cpu
So you are right,its highly likely mmtool has the blame here.i’m not sure,why mmtool has refused to work on that model yet though

@SoniX

OROM Replace v0.3.4 BETA TEST with Asus ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore

Freezes while updating bios > https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LG…E-ASUS-0901.ZIP

Using UEFI BIOS Updater v1.79.12.1

Many Thanks,

biozzz

@biozzz

Fixed.
OROMReplace v0.3.4 BETA 2 Test - out.

@SoniX

Thank you for your answer, but the following still remains unclear:
1) What for is module GE version 1.3.72 with VID/DID 8086h/1503h in my BIOS? (Maybe, it is for some other revision of the MoBo with some other LAN chip(s).) There is no such a device in my device tree - only 2 LAN chips with 8086h/1533h.
If it plays no role at all, may I not replace it? (If this module gives nothing, hence the module it is replaced with by UBU - CL 0.1.16 - also gives nothing.) How could I suppress module replacement with UBU then? If such a mechanism is not forseen yet in UBU, still how is it easier to do? I can simply delete it with MMTOOL, I think. (I’ll check 2 versions of BIOS - especially check the mechanism of chnging MAC-address). But the problem of deletion with MMTOOL persists only for modules with duplicated VID/DID - it is still unclear whether MMTOOL deletes only one such a module or all the modules with the same VID/DIDs. (At least, if you want to delete 2 modules with the same VID/DID, you can delete them one-by-one. But you cannot replace 2 modules - since if all the modules are deleted, MMTOOL will not permit to insert a new module into CSMCORE with the given VID/DID - only replace the existing! Therefore, UBU does the thing MMTOOL cannot do! :slight_smile:

2) Size field (4 byte) - where is the lower byte of the lower word? Is it 0-th position of the field or the 1-st?

Thank you.

found this,cant see it though
- orom_365C62BA-05EF-4B2E-A7F7-92C1781AF4F9

"taken from the same: AERO 15 OLED (Intel 9th Gen) (model: AERO 15S OLED XA) bios dated 2‎020/06/15

EFI GoP SKL-CML 9.0.2001
Raw GoP VBT Skylake 224

EFI GOP Driver SubGUID 380B6B4F-1454-41F2-A6D3-61D1333E8CB4"

EFI LAN BIOS + Intel GopDriver modules (7)

Just reminder.”taken from the same bios”

So I have a weird as all hell question to put forward, I’m using MMTool at the moment not delved deeper into the issue with UBU yet but off the top of anyones head is there any reason why simply renaming an option would cause it to vanish from the modified image when flashed?

It’s looking for a specific filename listed in it’s index. if you change the name, It cannot show the values, info, features, etc. associated with that file.

Hey guys, i have an Asrock Rack x570d4i
It’s an ami bios, i think award & phoenix died anyway :man_facepalming:

However, the only thing i want is to update agesa to 1.2.0.0.
Because in agesa 1.2.0.0 rdrand is fixed, that is a random number generator, which is used in linux. Windows doesn’t use that function, so there is no mass news about this :man_facepalming:

However, asrock rack, will probably update the bios next year if im lucky. The Asrock Rack branch doesn’t release updates almost at all. The newest is from 22.02.2021 with agesa 1.1.0.0, this is the first bios update after they released this board a year ago. And agesa 1.1.0.0 is pretty old either :man_facepalming:

However, you probably see the problem :man_facepalming:

Is there any way to update agesa? Because i see only intel microcode updates… But agesa seems quite hard :man_facepalming:

Any step into the right direction, would be amazing. Thank you :see_no_evil:

EFI AMD RAIDXpert2-Fxx - 9.3.0-00256 (>9.3.0-00221)

EFI_AMD_RAIDXpert2-Fxx_9.3.0-00256.rar (122 KB)

Intel cpuA0671_plat02_ver00000034_2021-02-23

Not the right topic.
Intel, AMD, VIA & Freescale CPU Microcode Repositories Discussion
(known version of microcode)

Hello everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well…

I have a Rampage IV Extreme I’m setting up for a friend, I ran UBU Bios Updater on the latest 4901 BIOS so I can update the RST / RSTe, Network and OROM for the Asmedia 106x controller, it seems after flashing the BIOS it will not save any settings, I flashed 4901 non modded (original) and it seems fine, but when its modified it does not save settings, I’m using latest version of UBU v1.79.12…any ideas?

Thanks!

@ScorpionX

[Guide] How to flash a modded AMI UEFI BIOS

1.79.15 out. ChangeLog later.
Note to 1.79.15.
I may not have updated all the microcodes. Let us know if you find not updated.

@SoniX I can see two versions of 1.79.15 in the Mega folder (the earlier rar file has the older version of drvver.exe).

You might need to clear your browser cache (or try another browser) if you can’t see the two rar files.

@chinobino

Thank. I had to create a new Folder and Link,

New UBU link download:
https://mega.nz/folder/QKQHAIwQ#KsbntdM-BtN-rRoLXJ54Og

Hi SoniX,

I don’t think you understood me correctly, probably the way I explained wasn’t the best, first off I’m a system builder, I’ve been using this tool for years without any problems, I can flash the modded BIOS using USB Flashback without any problems, the problem is once I go into the BIOS and make any changes it does not save any of the settings I have changed, for instance enabling XMP, save and reboot, go back into BIOS and settings are not saved, I have removed the battery after flash and even replaced with a brand new batter, loaded defaults and then tried again, no luck…I flash the original BIOS and have no problems, never had this issue before…then again I have not used this tool it about almost a year.

Nice Changelog on new UBU TOOL?