DOES ANYONE KNOW IF INTEL Below Will Work On Z97 ?

I have asrock Z97 Extreme6 and i tried installing the Intel(R)_USB_3.0_eXtensible_Host_Driver_4.0.0.36 off intel site and when i tried to run them they screwed up my pc this was before all of the updates that have come out recent like INF and Management engine (I dont know if that has anything to do with it hence im asking) I tried Intel(R)_USB_3.0_eXtensible_Host_Driver_3.0.5.69 and that worked though the drivers off asrock are Intel_USB3 v3.0.1.41.

P.S. what do you guys do when u go to burn a disk for and its tells you the characters are too long, is there anything other then haveing to shorten it with nero, in particular "Intel(R)_USB_3.0_eXtensible_Host_Driver_4.0.0.36" ish.

Thanks

Which OS are you running and how did you install the Intel USB 3.0 drivers?

To avoid a path with too many characters you should never use any "User" subfolder (e.g. "Desktop") for storage purposes.

win 7 x64 home premium and mobo is asrock z97 extreme 6 (not the 3.1 ver)

i did install the ver pre 4.0.0.36 and it worked when i tried this one it did not

I have the exactly same mainboard model and had no problem with the latest Intel USB 3.0 drivers v4.0.2.42.

really, did u install the upgrades that came out recently from asrock like inf, intel management driver etc?

BTW was wondering if you know as we have the same board. Do drivers for USB like 1.16.26.1 (which to my understanding are for usb 3/3.1, just wondering would they work as well?

Thanks,

No, I test the drivers I find in the net (especially at station-drivers) and choose the best matching for my system.

Since I do not use the ASMedia USB 3.0 ports very often and the Win10 in-box USB driver is running fine, I have not yet tried to install any ASMedia USB driver.

Im actually about to do a clean install of 7 or 10, been on the fence. I was looking into it and ive read that its far more intrusive than 7 and that it is possible to turn 3/4 off sooner or later and that they might delete progs off ur hd if they deem it to be illegal and worst of all not allow torrents is any of that true? (I plan to upgrade later, when they get something equal to a SP as ive read about a lot of driver issues, Its really annoying as when one reads reviews the ppl that have issues are the loudest and have subject matter to write about and ones who are fine dont say much so the complainers stick out it makes getting advice from reviews torture a lot) Would u recommend going with 10 now or wait 6 months then get it?

Thanks for all the info,
sebastian

I have no problems with my ASRock Z97 system running Win10 (not even with file sharing via torrent tools) and would never go back to any previously released Windows Operating System.

If I were you, I would wait for the upcoming "November Release" and then do a "clean" install of Win10 TH2 ("Threshold 2").

thanks for the info im gonna follow ur idea its where i was heading i hear its redstone or some other name but a descent update. Found these 2 cool site if u like em.

http://blogs.windows.com/blog/tag/windows-insider-program/

http://www.windows10update.com/2015/09/t…-release-notes/

Thanks for info