EFI LAN BIOS + Intel GopDriver modules

Where I can finde the VBT and BSF file in version 228 (in accordance with this CPU), with 1108 (1108 is in UBU - I think)?

On MEGA, where UBU, in Files_ section.

GopDriver v9.0.1108 support VBT 221 ?

- EFI GOP Driver: 9.0.1085
- GOP VBT: 221
- VBIOS CoffeeLake: 1015

@OgUrecheK89

It should support it. But if you want to be 100% sure, you can wait for a confirmation from @SoniX

For mobile device GOP 1090+ only VBT 228.
For desktop 50/50. May work with 221, and may require 228.

I’m trying to integrate an Intel Gigabit LAN UEFI module on an Asus Z77 motherboard BIOS for a PCIe Intel I211 NIC I purchased on Aliexpress without knowing its a flashless non-UEFI supported controller.
If I’m not wrong I need an .FFS module to use UEFITool to insert a new UEFI driver.
Is there any .FFS version of the Intel UEFI x64 PCI-E gigabit driver v9.2.06 quoted above?
Can I still use the Intel UEFI x64 Legacy gigabit Driver v0.0.29 above (which is already in FFS format) even if motherboard is more recent?
(I dont really use the network boot often so I dont really care about the latest version, I’m just interested in shortening the long boot times in pure UEFI mode with the Intel UEFI-less card installed)

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded blank lines removed (to save space)

It is hard to say. For external network cards, OROM and EFI are flash/reflash to flash memory on this card.
For this, Intel BootUtil is used. It is available both bundled with drivers, and separately.

@thorazine74

Your best bet is to first try with the v9.2.06. If you need it as a .ffs then i suggest you download this BIOS and extract it as a .ffs file with UEFITool.

You again forget one nuance.
The driver will only work if the Device ID card is compatible.
The list above is the displayed information on the monitor screen. And it does not affect compatibility in any way.
Example: In BIOS on the 7th chipset, you can enter the text that it is the 8th chipset, but this does not mean that it is.

And for the FFS, you can use any free GUID without Depex.

AddedL
For starters, I would suggest such an experiment.
Replace your existing gigabit driver. This of course will disable the built-in network card, but it will be possible to see if an external card is connected.
If the external card appears in the BIOS settings, then it will be possible to embed another FFS file for the external card.

Apparently Intel i211 chipset (unlike i210) has no flash that can be seen or flashed with bootutil, it only has some kind iNVM that can only be manipulated by some Intel NDA tool.

First paragraph you mean that even if the cards exact model is listed on the spoiler text it doesn’t necessarily mean it will support my specific card?
For the second paragraph I’m sorry but I dont understand the experiment you suggest.
Motherboard has only physical Realtek LAN device, no Intel, but BIOS has both Realtek UNDI OROM and UEFI but Intel Boot Agent legacy OROM only not UEFI
I can see Intel Boot Agent on boot banner and on BIOS menus when Intel PCIe card is plugged in, thats why I thought of adding the Intel UEFI driver.
(I havent tested to boot with it though)

New IceLake GOP Driver:
Intel GOP Driver 14.0.1039
Comes with new IceLake GOP VBT 230

IntelGopDriver_14.0.1039.zip (65.1 KB)

[quote="Phoenix48, post:1, topic:33948"] B. For Haswell/Broadwell iGPUs (Intel 8- and 9-Series Chipsets): [/quote]

I'm little confused with "clean" and not "clean" install of win7.
can i consider it as, install windows with onboard graphics card ONLY is "clean", and install with windows with extra or Plugined graphics card is not "clean"?

@WestWind

It simply means Windows installed in true UEFI mode (Not Windows installed in Legacy mode). It also means that the GOP driver is used by the system only if there is no video card installed or if there is one, the video card is not set to be used in the Bios settings.

THX, i learned something. On Intel 8-series chipsets MB, if i just use no video card or only onboard(inside CPU) video card, i should use V5.0.1037, otherwise, if i use AMD RX570 video card, i should use v5.5.1034 GOP driver?
BTW: i download the file with .ffs,but UBU is using .efi file as GOP source,how can i turn ffs to pure efi file?

@WestWind

With a video card that is not onboard, the GOP driver is not used at all. A GOP driver is used only for onboard video card. For an addon videocard, it is the vBios that is on the video card itself that is used instead.

As for converting .ffs to .efi or using .efi directly, find a step-by-step guide on this forum. I don’t remember where in the forum but i know there is at least one.

Yet another update from some MSI Z490 boards:
Intel GOP Driver 9.0.1109
Comes with new SkyLake GOP VBT 231

IntelGopDriver_9.0.1109_vbt_231.zip (40.9 KB)

@frwil

Thanks for Intel GOP 9.0.1109, tested on Asrock Z390 Taichi with VBT228, and works without problem :slight_smile:

Realtek UEFI UNDI Driver V2.054
Not sure if it has been submitted yet. Official Link

RtkUndiDxe.2.054.2020.06.30_sign.zip (114 KB)

EFI Intel 100GbE UNDI - 2.1.02

From Intel Network Connections Software 25.3.

EFI_Intel_100GbE_UNDI_2.1.02.rar (106 KB)

Intel Gop Driver 1044
vbt 236 | vbios 1003
… from TGL
No sources code.

Intel_Gop_1044_vbt_236_TGL.zip (112 KB)