Enablig PCIE bifurcation setting on bios - Asrock x79 Extreme11 Motherboard

Hi i’m new on this forum, nice to meet you

Recently i have updated my old pc with the asus hyper v2 card, with your guide i have successfull modded the bios file to support nvme boot.
All is working great

Due to the specs of the motherboard, it supports 4 pcie@x16 thanks to the 2 plx switch.
inside the bios file i have founded an explict referiment to the pcie bifurcation and splitting system… is here but not showed in bios settings.

bios1.gif

This is the only things showed in bios setting

bios2.gif

Can anyone help me?

Thanks
Max

x79e11_3.40.mod.rar (5.87 MB)

1 Like

I’m fresh here too, well I have been coming here for a while now mainly for the drivers, NVMe tutorial, and UBU, it’s a great place to find some knowledge. And now I’ve come here for the same reason as you, spend hours today doing research in google found out that there is some people that where able to turn bifurcation on the old X79 chipset, mainly ASUS sabertooth and P9X79.
I have as well ASRock X79 Extreme11 it is a mighty motherboard in my opinion. Few years back managed add NVMe boot support to it thanks to this forum and people sharing knowledge here and elsewhere on the internet, after that I seen ASRock released quad ultra M.2 add on/expansion card for 4 x NVMe since ASRock was so beefed up with PCI-E 3.0 lanes I think its 64 lanes for the user on 7 pci-e, I wanted to upgrade for the future. Turned out so little I knew, the ASRock Quad M.2 would not work with more than one NVMe drive due to pci-e bifurcation,how disappointing.
So today with few spare hours i’ve searched for the way if possible on ASUS why not on ASRock even if it just work with two NVMe drives? Somehow i’ve found some information that there might be an hidden menu or something like that.
Then found out that AMI had a little program called amibcp that could open up a UEFI and see some things in there, so I did. Opened up and turned most of the options that seemed interesting to USER and there I have found IOH 0 PCIe port bifurcation control. Since I’ve did bricked my UEFI/BIOS chip in the past, I had for this board a spare one, i’ve changed them settings saved the file and flashed it into the motherboard hoping it would work.
Well I have to say I’ve been so surprised seeing that it actual starts up and I was able to enter the UEFI and even start the system. I’ve began testing with 2 drives immediately unfortunately out of 2 NVMe on board only one would work but the board this time was detected by UEFI, strange thing was that sometimes it would be SSD 1 other times only SSD 2. So I’ve started to dig more into the UEFI, but with no luck. Without members of this forum I know I will not get anywhere. Is there anyone willing to look at this and maybe help?
I’ve managed to I don’t know how to call it “unlock” the options in the UEFI but it seem they didnt work.
Here few screenshots I’ve got from “unblocked” UEFI there is lot of new options.
As seen in some pictures from x79 extreme11 UEFI there is some bifurcation options, yet i’m unable to make it work.

201204204913.jpg

201204204940.jpg

201204213242.jpg

201204213250.jpg

201204213400.jpg

201204213424.jpg

Thanks
Johnny