eVGA nForce 630i / GeForce 7150 w/ HDMI RAID Mod

Hey there, newb here and super happy I found this website. I’m not looking forward to replacing the guts of my RAID machine if I don’t have to… Just recently bought some 4TB drives and cannot make this work…

I followed the guides to the letter, including trying many different CBROM packages and such, however I just was not able to convince my 630i that the RAID ROM I was putting in the BIOS was legit. I had never-ending checksum errors and it constantly reverted my CMOS to default settings no matter what I did.

I used HXD to modify all of the mentions in NVIDIA RAID ROM v10.0.0.11 for MCP73 systems to match the hardware IDs of my controllers. I used multiple CBROM versions from 115 up to 198 to release and install the new NVRAID.ROM into the BIOS package. I tried using CBROM in DosBox however it kept telling me “This program cannot be run in DOS mode.” I used the manufacturer-supplied WinFlash tool to flash the BIOSes as per the normal instructions.

I had the same results posted in the tutorials right up to the last step, however after rebooting, resetting CMOS settings, and then enabling RAID, I would get a CMOS checksum issue every time and it would revert my settings. I must’ve tried building at least 10-15 different BIOSes using 2 different machines with no luck.

Has there been any success flashing a modded RAID ROM to an eVGA 630i motherboard? Maybe even specifically the GeForce 7150-specific model? Thanks for your help!

@ Casey:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

What lets you think, that you will be able to use such modern (>2 TB sized) HDDs with your old nForce chipset mainboard?

If you would post the HardwareIDs of your on-board NVIDIA nForce RAID Controller and attach the original and the modded BIOS, I will do a look into them.
Anyway I have serious doubts, that you will be able to solve your problem by updating the NVIDIA nForce RAID ROM version. NVIDIA stopped their nForce chipset development already before >2 TB sized HDDs were available for the consumers.

Happy New Year
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Honestly, I was just being hopeful. I read an article posted elsewhere that someone managed to get their 4TB drives working with a 650i which is a very similar design to the 630i.

I tinkered with it a bit more today but ended up giving up on the whole thing and moved everything into a (slightly) newer system that I completely forgot I had. Guess it’s time to retire the old board…

Thanks for your work and help regardless! Appreciate it. Happy new year to you as well!

Casey