Extract Binary From HP BIOS .EXE

Hello.

I am trying to extract the binary from an HP bios update file. The HP bios file can be located here: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp134001-134500/sp134218.exe

I have tried using 7-zip, Innoextract, and Universal Extractor 2 and don’t seem to be getting anywhere. Normally, one of these tools usually does it for me, but this time, nothing seems to be working so I am not sure what else to do.

I need the binary so I can use a programmer to flash the chip. Thanks a lot guys.

Edit by Fernando: Thread title customized

086E9.rar

Password?

I was waiting for this question. Fortunately, you turned out to be not one of those who ask for help and then ignore me.
The password is: “www.ktvmp3.com”.

I was waiting for this question. Fortunately, you turned out to be not one of those who ask for help and then ignore me.
The password is: “www.ktvmp3.com”.

Thank you so much for the help. I did flash the image, but it seems something is still amiss. Perhaps some backstory would be helpful.

My client brought me this computer because they became impatient during the middle of a BIOS flash and shutdown the computer. After that, the computer appeared to have no power whatsoever. I assumed that flashing a clean bios image would solve the problem and I was at least partially right. After flashing the extracted image you provided, the computer now shows a power LED, the CPU fan spins for a few seconds, but then it shuts itself down. This behavior can be repeated over and over.

Any ideas?

EDIT: By the way, this is an HP Desktop - M01-F1014

It looks like I gave you the wrong bios. Here’s another one: 08768.zip. No password.

It looks like I gave you the wrong bios. Here’s another one: 08768.zip. No password.

This one worked. Computer is functioning normally now. Thank you!

I’m surprised.
Do you want to know how to extract binary from HP BIOS .EXE?

Yes. Normally I don’t have trouble with this sort of thing because 7-zip, Innoextract, or finding the image in a Temp folder after running the .EXE usually gets me what I need. In this instance, none of those seemed to work, so I didn’t know how to proceed. If you’re willing to show me how, that would be most appreciated.

The video is only available via the link.

Thank you!!!

how to HP Bios Extractor Software EXE model 840 g5.
https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp146501-147000/sp146600.exe
I try to run this file then I get the bin but that file had no full bios I mean csme and bios region both mix in the file. I get bios region but am not able to get csme file

Could somebody please help me extract the binary and signature files from this installer?
https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp139501-140000/sp139780.exe
I don’t even want to modify it, just update my laptop. The exe refuses to run (the GUI never shows up after it’s launched and I couldn’t figure out command line options for USB creation or extraction) both directly on the target machine (Win11) or in a virtual machine with fresh Win10 or Win7). I tried obvious things (7-zip, etc) to no avail.

Using the AMIUCP extract the ID @R00 from the 083C6F24.exe, resulted of the sp139780.exe

EDIT: Well my friend, signatures files and other are present as you can see with the tool, that’s your task to look for them, not me and my time, im sure you clearly understand this…all the best and good luck.

Thank you. I sort of figured that part out (although I wasn’t sure and could use the confirmation). But how do I get the signature file? (I think that’s mandatory to be present along the binary for an update.) There are several small size sections in there.

Edit: Well, I didn’t expect you to figure that out for me from scratch but I expected somebody (you or others here) might do so already (or at least can give me some tips on how to).
As it turns out, the block right above it (S00) was the one. And the files were accepted as 08324.bin and 08324.s12 (I figured this out by looking at file names from earlier installers: the first 3 digits are probably the first digits of the board ID and the last 2 are the version number of the binary).