Extracting me region from full spi dump, modifying it, and reinserting it.

i recently found a dell precision tower 5810 in a trash area. it works perfectly it was just missing it’s hdd. probably because of data security. my only want is amt support, but the service mode jumper was never soldered in, and i tried shorting the pads out but the computer gets stuck at “service mode jumper set” asking me to either go into the bios, reboot, or run diagnostics. i do however have a ch341a for a t3600 to t3610 conversion i was trying to do and i know how to extract the full spi bios dump. the issue is i don’t know how to extract the me region from a full dump. if anyone can help i would be grateful. i don’t need a lot of prompting i just can’t seem to find anything online so any starting path would be welcomed.

You can use UEFITool as an easy way to extract and/or replace the ME region of the SPI image. But you don’t need to do that in order to enable AMT. I suggest you follow [Guide] Clean Dumped Intel Engine (CS)ME/(CS)TXE Regions with Data Initialization and adjust any AMT & MEBx settings during step 5. From the latest Dell BIOS for 5810, I can see that it uses ME v9.1 firmware so you need to follow the equivalent Dx section of the cleanup guide. You can use ME Analyzer to see the actual ME firmware info of your dumped SPI image.