Firmware Updates for Samsung M.2/PCIe SSDs (where to get and how to do)

Hi there! I do apologize; but I have been unable to find a download anywhere for 5L1QCXB7. All resources seem to point right back to this post!
Hoping perhaps the file is stored somewhere.
The Lenovo site linked has the latest download but tells me my 4L1QCXB7 is up to date; which simply is not true of course.
------------------------------------------

Would you be willing to share where you got the 5L1QCXB7.bin firmware? I cannot seem to find it from Lenovo, or anywhere on the internet. The link that was posted in the instruction file a few pages back goes to a version 39w.zip file which contains 4L1QCXB7.bin firmware instead of 5L1QCXB7.bin :frowning:

@Eirikr - You may have to tag that user, like I just did you, I’m not sure if quoting people here sends them a message by default or not

Hi, @tolga9009. Can you share me with the pm961 5L1QCXB7.bin firmware, I have searched on Google but there has no where to download it.

Hi every one is there a firmware for my drive any help would be great SAMSUNG MZSLW1T0HMLH-000L1 Firmware is ( 3L0QCXY7 )

OEM SSD’s can only be updated with OEM FW provided by manufacturers, HP LENOVO etc…they r not retail products supported by common SSD software managers. No cross-flash reported successful.

Did Lenovo release a firmware update for my drive anyone knows

Did Lenovo release a firmware update for my drive anyone knows

Ur asking…in way…to find a needle in a barn.
OEM drives r part of systems…with some web search effort and right terms we do find… sometimes, or not at all, an update from the OEM in a specific machine.
Also in general all OEM drives differs in internal identification from retail, so its difficult to search for a specific model.

When we know from witch system the drive came from, its obvious more easy to do a search, as it can equip various models sold.
So if u own an original Lenovo drive in a Lenovo system, all u can do is search on Lenovo, period.

@Cisco150

Search for "FWNVA42w", to my knowledge this is the latest firmware package for lenovo firmware(s)

Hi sweeties

I have a PM981a (MZVLB256HBHQ-000L2), with the firmware 3L1QEXH7.

With Samsung NVMe driver, it shows as MZVLB256 with firmware 3L1Q, with ~3 mil TB storage in Magician. With Microsoft drivers, it shows as the above, with the correc space.

Bench:

Microsoft drivers Samsung drivers
Seq. R: 3449MB/s 3559MB/s
Seq. W: 903MB/s(2200MB/s per spec) 2348MB/s
Ran. R: 164K IOPS 164K IOPS
Ran. W: 181KK IOPS 148K IOPS

Should I be concerned? Would a firmware update help and how would I do it?
I tried flashing the *-000L7 firmware and it gave an 0x1.

Ping! for 5L1QCXB7.bin

Does someone have latest or relative new firmware for PM983 7.68TB MZQLB7T6HMLA-00007? My current firmware is EDB5002Q. Searched on google, latest firmware seems EDB760xQ, but I didn’t find any place to download any firmware for PM983 7.68TB MZQLB7T6HMLA-00007.

Hello forum.
I have a Nvme Sm951 Model: MZVPV256HDGL-00000 with Firmware BXW74D0Q.

So im trying to update the firmware, If there is any newer firmware version I’d like to know plz. or a way to make it perform better :smiley:

Thanks for read anyway

If you read the thread… yes there is. For all SM951 drives…no.
HP one maybe the recent one and yours maybe a Dell one.

well mine is a sm951 dell and I looked everywhere for one so hoping someone had luck…but this is ridiculous they are the same product… why make it so hard to be different…and brick it with a differnt company firmware so anti competitive and wrong…

Found a little collection on samsung nvme firmware GitHub - lolyinseo/samsung-nvme-firmware: Collection of SAMSUNG nvme firmware

1 Like