FITC modifies ME firmware with thousands of bytes?

I want to update Intel ME to version 8.1.72.3002 on a Ivy Bridge/Intel QM77 Chipset (Panther Point) system. I have downloaded ME firmware from vendor and included that in SPI image, but found out that I need to configure correct ICC Data for the system to work. For this task I’m using Flash Image Tool 8.1.40.1456. However, after doing following test there is something that bothers me:

I open SPI image in FITC and without making any modifications I click Build Image. Then I extract flashregion_2_intel_me.bin from outimage.bin created by FITC and binary compare that with flashregion_2_intel_me.bin extracted from original SPI image. Even tough no modifications were done in FITC, the two ME region images now differ with thousands of bytes.

I would really like to understand what modifications FITC is doing to the ME firmware, but this is impossible by just looking at the binary data. Is there any way I can compare the two extracted ME region images and get a clear view of what the changes does?