Flash ROM BIOS = BIOS Death ... How to get BIOS back to factory?

hello every one

i need help
my bios is dead after flashing with intel programer tool v 8 in to region bios and after passing and restart not working;;;

my system optiplex 7010

296/5000
I just flashed the Region BIOS part and after the restart and restarting the system only the loudspeaker of the CPU cooling fan can be heard loud.
Dear Manager of this section, please help me

What do I need to do to get back into shape?

Do I need flash hardware ch341a ???

Is there a way?

I already posted here and wanted to change the device service tag but failed with SVGTAG

https://filebin.net/q03a2id5j2ycigji

Add a proper title to your thread. If someone wants to help you, they’ll reply in time.

Sounds like you used a bad BIOS region (ie stock possibly, extracted from HDR, or a broken dumped region from some random dump), or used FPT in an incorrect way, hard to know without seeing what exact you did and with what file as source.

Yes, if you cannot boot to DOS or BIOS, then you will need CH341A + SOIC8 test clip and or possibly SOIC16 test clip too. Many Dell have two BIOS chips, with BIOS split between them, you’ll have to inspect the board and see what kind of BIOS chips yours has, then order the appropriate SOIC clip w/ cable.
If you are not sure, show me images of the board and I will circle BIOS chips for you.

Thanks for the answer
As you said, I probably flashed the BIOS area incorrectly
I have attached all the photos of the Optiplex motherboard here

plz look this link for command CH341A ???

Some of the high volume photos I have uploaded elsewhere have got the link at the bottom

You’re really a great person

Thank you again

Yes, that is exactly what you need, that you linked at ebay.

You have “Service Mode” jumper on here, so once running again you could dump entire BIOS and unlock FD and then reflash entire BIOS if you wanted (without programmer)
mainly this would help others later, since you have programmer now I would unlock FD in BIOS fix we do anyway so jumper wouldn’t be needed.

Your BIOS chips are here,

BIOS.jpg

This is split BIOS, possibly why your mod BIOS failed (you need to dump both, append together, mod, then split, then flash back), especially if BIOS is split directly in-between some modules or regions etc.
I checked, and this BIOS is split directly in the middle of BIOS region, so half of BIOS region goes on one chip and other half goes on other chip with FD/ME regions. 8MB chip = FD/ME + half of BIOS region / 4MB chip rest of BIOS region.
But, FPT should have dumped this correctly and re-flashed correctly too, so may be other issues, I’d have to see your mod BIOS and initial dump before I could see if anything looks like an obvious problem.

Dump both of these chips once you get programmer, then zip them up and send to me. Then wait, do not try to do any erase or write until I check your dumps to make sure it’s valid before we do anything.

Here is main driver and software package
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…257455007472602

And here is guide
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-G…341A-programmer << Same as one directly below, but with all images expanded/visible at once
[GUIDE] Flash BIOS with CH341A programmer

****************************************************************************************************

thank you Lost_N_BIOS y are great great person

You have "Service Mode" jumper on here, so once running again you could dump entire BIOS and unlock FD and then reflash entire BIOS if you wanted (without programmer)
mainly this would help others later, since you have programmer now I would unlock FD in BIOS fix we do anyway so jumper wouldn’t be needed.

how to without programmer//?

Dump both of these chips once you get programmer, then zip them up and send to me. Then wait, do not try to do any erase or write until I check your dumps to make sure it’s valid before we do anything.

I’ll be in connect with you

thank you again

You’re welcome!

Without programmer is not an option for you now, that was something only possible while it was working/running state

There may be Dell recovery methods that apply, and could possibly work for this system with BIOS as it is now, I’m not sure. You’d have to google those for this model and see if you can find the correct files and method to try.

Accept my apology for being late
Dear engineer, I need your help in recovering the BIOS Dell optiplex 7010 bios
As I’ve already sent you photos
Now I’ve bought the programmer ch341A with everythings

And I’m ready to operate on the motherboard

Your training is much better than anywhere else on the Internet and world

Thank you very much in advance
I’m waiting for your answer

Here is guide, [GUIDE] Flash BIOS with CH341A programmer
Dump both chips and send me the files. Software package I linked above, use 1.30 or 1.34 and the correct ID’s

Open software first, without connecting anything, and on the top, go to “Auto” and uncheck “Erase + Blank” This way nothing gets accidentally erased. Do that for both versions of software, then close them, it will save that unchecked.

Read, then verify, then once you get chip/buffer match save file and send both to me. DO NOT ERASE OR WRITE Anything to either chip, until I say it’s OK and your dumps were made good, we can continue etc.

You’re welcome, and thank you too, always good to be appreciated!

Hi
good day
Engineer
Thank you very much for your reply

I was able to identify two chips using the help link
I just read the information and then saved the file
One chip is 8 MB and the other is 4 MB

8 mb=mx25l6406E 4MB=mx25L3206E

And the description of the two files is as follows

The files on both chips seem to be very different from the original file bios

Also, I used to try to modify the service tag in the original file using a wrong Region file and using a flash disk.

But unfortunately after switching off and restarting only the motherboard sound and coolers changed and the BIOS never returned to its original state.

Also, I used to try to modify the tag service in the original file using a wrong Reggie file and using a flash disk.

But unfortunately after switching off and restarting only the motherboard sound and coolers changed and the BIOS never returned to its original state.

It looks like all the information on the two chips is broken

How to split the original BIOS file into 8 and 4 megabytes considering two chip data ???

I’m totally confused

I hope you help me

Thanks a lot

8mb.rar (1.51 MB)

4mb.rar (1.27 MB)

@whirlp00l - So, before I do anything, what is the correct service tag that should be in BIOS, and what is the incorrect tag you tried to insert? I will put it in there for you correctly, the new one I mean.
I need to know both, so I can find all edits that need to be made to change old to new, and I need the new one to locate the area you edited that broke the BIOS.

The stock BIOS is not used like you think, and the BIOS is worked with as a whole file, then split and placed onto the two chips, this split usually right in the middle of a compressed volume but not always
Additionally, often, not all of the “Stock” HDR is put into the BIOS, sometimes some of it is used only for the update/flash process etc.

How did you write back the BIOS after you edited it? Looks like you wrote wrong data to wrong chip possibly? There is no beginning of BIOS here, only the part after split on each (so both your files mainly contain what I expect to see from same chip, end of BIOS)
And, it looks like what you do have, is incorrect end of BIOS as well, duplicates of same volume twice that should only be there once? Probably/possibly due to using stock HDR as source to edit and flash? Not sure, only you know what happened here
Nope, not that, I see only one volume like this at end of HDR and in the BIOS region inside HDR same, so not sure what you did here or how this happened Ahh! Maybe you wrote BIOS region in FPT, without -bios flag, that would explain how beginning of BIOS (FD/ME) is lost, but not sure how the rest is messed up too

Anyway, I will have to make you all new BIOS from scratch. Give me the answers to what I asked above and then we’ll go from there, I will fix a new BIOS for you from scratch.

527/5000
This story is about six months ago when I was just starting a bios
And whatever I found was right, I wrote it on the chip software

Now we have to think that the whole chip is empty
What to do now to get the file onto the chip

I had previously downloaded a 12MB version of Windows with Universal Software

I did most of the operations with the same version of the Hex Workshop software

I put the file at the bottom of the post and will send you the password of the file in a private message

Lost_N_BIOS= Maybe you wrote BIOS region in FPT, without -bios flag

me=no wrote **** FTP -bios i remember

One very important question:

If another optiplex is similar to my one

Is it possible to extract and store information from the computer chip number one and write it to the computer chip number two?

If the computer serial number is one with the computer serial number two.

Is it possible?

What better way do you think?

thnx

What you wrote to BIOS back then is not correct, or something you did to try and repair after that messed it all up.
And looks like you wrote the same thing, incorrectly, to both BIOS chips, which should really be impossible with FPT (or any other software, unless wrote same thing to both BIOS chips at once?)
Anyway it’s all messed up, not even close to what should be there, and I will have to rebuild you BIOS from scratch as I mentioned.

Chip 1 and Chip 2 are ONE BIOS, it’s split between them. The ONLY thing close to what I could use, which I’d rather not and will just rebuild you a BIOS from scratch, is another dump from EXACT Same model of both chips using a flash programmer.
If you have another system EXACT same model, dump chip 1 + 2 and send to me, I can use it a guide where the system specific info goes. If you do not have, then I will find or may already have (not looking in my folder right now)
I need the asset Tag, board serial, and MAC ID from the system we are fixing, since there is only 1/8th of the end of the BIOS on each chip for above dumps #10

Please explain in more detail, what is this attached file above?

Lost_N_BIOS=Please explain in more detail, what is this attached file above?

me=Before flashing the BIOS with FTP, I got a backup of the system BIOS in Windows 7 using universal software

Lost_N_BIOS=If you have another system EXACT same model, dump chip 1 + 2 and send to me

me= yes i have …ok I’ll send for you

Lost_N_BIOS=I need the asset Tag, board serial, and MAC ID from the system

me=i haven’t brother…im so sorry …

[quote=Lost_N_BIOS|p87806]Yes, that is exactly what you need, that you linked at ebay.

You have “Service Mode” jumper on here, so once running again you could dump entire BIOS and unlock FD and then reflash entire BIOS if you wanted (without programmer)

Your BIOS chips are here,

This is split BIOS, possibly why your mod BIOS failed (you need to dump both, append together, mod, then split, then flash back), especially if BIOS is split directly in-between some modules or regions etc.
I checked, and this BIOS is split directly in the middle of BIOS region, so half of BIOS region goes on one chip and other half goes on other chip with FD/ME regions. 8MB chip = FD/ME + half of BIOS region / 4MB chip rest of BIOS region.
But, FPT should have dumped this correctly and re-flashed correctly too, so may be other issues, I’d have to see your mod BIOS and initial dump before I could see if anything looks like an obvious problem.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, Lost_N_BIOS
maybe another stupid question after years, but I’m trying to program the 7010 bios too. Since it is split BIOS, which chip should I connect by the clip, the 8M chip or the 4M chip? Thank you very much!