Flashed a BIOS onto my bricked Dell G7, Now it thinks it's a G5

I bricked my G7 7588 earlier this week, so I bought a CH341A tool off Amazon, downloaded a BIOS off support.dell.com for my model, extracted the BIN file and flashed it onto the chip. It worked. However, now my machine has a completely different service tag and Dell Update says it’s a G5 5587. Is this a problem? I noticed it’s slower to boot now than it was. Do I need to fix this?

I would try to put the original labels/identification in the motherboard, with tools around like Dell Asset Tag Utility and others…u have to dig some info on it.

Thank you! I searched for that utility (which I didn’t even know existed) and it looks like it can’t change the service tag, HOWEVER there is a boot CD that does. So I’ve downloaded that. Once I get off work I’m going to put it on a USB drive, boot to it and give it a shot. Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction!

Currently I have a similar situation: I flashed a BIOS to a bricked Dell G5 5590 and now it thinks it’s a G7. @cbkummer any success changing the service tag?

Another tool i forgot to mention, Lenovo LVAR, some links to download on MDL forum.

EDIT: Not for Dell of course, was already posted when noticed this topic was about a Dell system.

Nope. None of the tools I’ve found have worked. I’ve basically resigned myself to the fact that my G7 thinks it’s a G5

Would LVAR work on a Dell machine?

@GMurari - Did you ever get yours fixed? I kinda want to get Windows 11 on my machine, but I get an error because the G5 doesn’t have the right security chip. Can you send me the files you used to flash yours, and I can return the favor, and maybe that’ll do it?