Flashing RSA status | Missing SMT in HP Laptop 15s-eq0xxx/eq0000

Hello,

what’s the state of RSA key protected bios flashing? I’m interested in AMI Aptio V. Possible? Impossible? Workaroundable?

I can’t find multithreading, AMD SMT (Simultaneous multithreading), MultiCore processing, multiple names same thing. Want to disable the damn thing and the option is not included into the bios, how ridiculous is that?
Couldn’t find anything related to that using IFR, AMIBCP tools. I will upload the bios dump for anyone interested.

Any help is appreciated, Fernando, Lost_in_bios?
Thank you.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3500U
Chipset: AMD K17.1
BIOS: UEFI AMI Aptio V (HP)

Edit by Fernando: Thread title shortened and customized

Anyone?

If u looked careful u would found info about it, basically modern (>2015/16) HP RSA protection is hard to bypass for mod and flashing…last time i checked.

I spent already too much time on searching for the information, like whole day, I wish that kind of info were in FAQ or dedicated updated post. I mean years go on, stuff that was hard 2years before, can be quite easy done now. All it takes, an employee to publish some secrets.

Still relavant.

Sure Start is present?

Any other can be bypass by coderush, donovan6000 methods.

If bios is made on Sure Start security, than it possible but need deeper research.

Do you have a dump of bios?

I haven’t seen anything that says "Sure Start"

Yes I do. Used universal bios extractor, dumped the bios from ram.

Mirrors:

Expired. I will upload again on request.

Still relevant.

Hello,

what’s the state of RSA key protected bios flashing? I’m interested in AMI Aptio V. Possible? Impossible? Workaroundable?

I can’t find multithreading, AMD SMT (Simultaneous multithreading), MultiCore processing, multiple names same thing. Want to disable the damn thing and the option is not included into the bios, how ridiculous is that?
Couldn’t find anything related to that using IFR, AMIBCP tools. I will upload the bios dump for anyone interested.

Any help is appreciated, Fernando, Lost_in_bios?
Thank you.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3500U
Chipset: AMD K17.1
BIOS: UEFI AMI Aptio V (HP)

Still relevant.

@namek

Lost_N_Bios hasn’t been online since January 2021 and I cannot help you.
Repeating the start post and multiple "Still relevant" messages (I have deleted some of them) don’t increase your chances to get a solution.
What about contacting the HP Technical Support?

I apologize for bumping the post and any inconvenience I caused. You can remove it then, if it’s against the rules.