Forum help me! about suport to nvme via pci express card in board MSI Z77A-GD80 (MS-7757)

Dear members, I request your help to make a pci express x1 expansion card work, on my motherboard MSI Z77A-GD80 (MS-7757) ver 1.0, and to install the OS. It is not recognized by the boot devices. You can help me, I will be very grateful to all the forum community.

1 Like

@alejo89.morales89 - You should not run NVME on x1 PCIE slot, it will be MUCH Slower than SSD
Put PCIE x4 adapter into one of the x16 slots. You will not see NVME in boot device priority area, only PATA or PATA SS, until after you install OS, then you will see Windows Boot Manager

Here, flash this BIOS via M-Flash
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…585729137539828

Then, follow all points at step #4 in the “This is what you should do” section of the guide below
[Guide] How to get full NVMe support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

Friend !, Thank you very much for answering, I really did not know about the x1 pci-e adapter, I bought it in aliexpress, and as this msi board has so many 1x pci-e, I wanted to take advantage of it. I am new to this world and well it is rewarding to learn, so I should buy a different adapter, I ask you if Windows 10 works if it is done with the tool that Microsoft provides to create the bootable usb?
Thanks in advance.

There’s no way you could possibly reupload that please? I was trying to get nVME working on my Z77A-GD80 as well. Thank you.

Not possible as its user private links and he’s been away since January… im sure u noticed the dates on posts…

Very easy to do: [HowTo] Get full NVMe support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS
U can then share ur mod and ask for verification before flashing.

Alright, will do. I did notice this was from awhile ago I was hoping he’d answer. Thank you, once I get my drive I’ll try it out.

A post was split to a new topic: MSI G41M4-F board (MS-7592) nvme support via pci express adapter