Forum Thread ... Potential Bug

hello all,

i created a post recently and gladly someone responded. i felt i left out some information, so i tried to edit the OP and also tried to just reply. I’ve hit every “submit” button on the page and it keeps taking me back to the preview section and not posting.

i’ve used several browsers, different computers. i’m not sure what’s going on. any suggestions?

Test

Works for me at least…

Clear cache? Cookies?

@darool - This thread - hp rx 460 bricked, help identifying gpu bios chip
I just test edited it twice, no problem, so yes, maybe sign out, clear cookies and cache, sign back in. I hit edit, added "Test * Lost_N_BIOS, and then hit “Save changes” (there is only one button that says this)
You should be able to reply to my reply, are you saying you cannot?

Different computers would rule out a cache/cookie issue!
So, this may be something Plutomaniac needs to check out for you

Do you have a hammer?.

There doesn’t seem to be any problem so I suggest you follow the advise from the previous posts. Maybe cache, maybe a browser extension or similar.

i’m going to try to this post and see how it goes.

i already have all of browsers on both computers set to delete cookies/history - cache on exit … so that’s not an issue. i was running an adblocker, but whitelisted the site to see if that resolved the prob … it didn’t. if this posts a reply, i’m going to be dumb-founded.

… and yes, i have 5 hammers, a hand sledge, a full sledge and a wrecking bar … although, i would rather not burn money because i don’t like the face on it.

it’s still occurring. not in the “quick reply” option, but when you click on the “reply” on any of the bottom right portion of the post. it also occurs when trying to edit a post.

this is a quick reply i’m using right now … i needed to do a full reply to post pics and format any url references, the latter so i’m not repeating on what has already been stated.

i just tried to edit the OP and got stuck once again in a continuous loop back to preview.

-----------what i tried to append in the edit, although i think it’s also occurring w/ the edit option … irrelevant of the contents. once again, i’m posting -----------this using the ‘quick reply’ option.

it’s still occurring. not in the “quick reply” option, but when you click on the “reply” on any of the bottom right portion of the post. it also occurs when trying to edit a post.

this is a quick reply i’m using right now … i needed to do a full reply to post pics and format any url references, the latter so i’m not repeating on what has already been stated.

------------- edit: see if i can edit this 'quick reply’

i tried just now replying to the post in question: link

i just noticed i can attach files with the quick reply … or at lest w/ edit, as i didn’t notice it before. i’m seriously doubting this will post, if not … then at least one prob alleviated.

if this does post. the reply option sticks one in a continuous loop of sending one back to the preview page and never posting.

tx for the suggestions.

This is obviously something on your end. What browser are you using? Disable all extensions or open a guest window and try again.

I’ve tried using Firefox, which has a minimal (3) add-ons, one which was Adblockplus, i whitelisted this site. the other two add-ons (youtube downloader and a history limiter for chrome), have really nothing to do with this site. As just pre-mentioned i tried Chrome, it also doesn’t work.

I’ve tried this on two differen’t computers now, not that i think the OS would be a problem, yet one is Win10 and the other Win7 … both x64 … yet as i said, i don’t see how that could be the prob.

If i’m not mistaken, i already tried using Internet Explorer, which has no plug-ins installed for it.

I have TorBrowser also, yet given i wasn’t able to sign-up for this using my VPN … i imagine TorBrowser, because of it’s anonymity design would cause even more problems.

Any who, at this point, i have bricked my graphics card. in one final attempt i tried soldering the pins for the VCC and gnd, the soldering iron melted off one of the legs of the bios chip … i would assume that makes for a permanent brick and now living peacefully in some land fill.
* Edit Check - Lost_N_BIOS

@darool - You could have purchased new chip to put on that GFX card for a few $$
No issues here still, and I edit my posts 100’s of times a day, along with many other users posts as well (Editing yours now, to rule out any bug that may be specific to your account not being able to be edited)