Fujitsu D3162-A BIOS Unlock

Greetings all,

I’m new to this forum but I’ve dabbled with BIOS modding before.
This new fangled UEFI concept is still a mistery to me though, specifically the modding part.
I tried at some point, but failed miserably when I encountered all the bios capsules, and extractions, and
What ever happened to the simple .bin or .rom files? I guess improvements and security and what not.
Long story short, I’m looking to use switchable graphics on a D3162-A mobo from Fujitsu, maybe replace my i5 with a Xeon later on, aaand maybe use a NVMe SSD to boot the OS from.

Can anyone help me with a mod?
https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexDown…0C-A42039C6F5A2

Many thanks

@alucard_t2 - sorry I missed your post until now. Do you still need help on this? What is your goal, to enable one graphics and disable the other? If yes, 99.9% of system cannot do this, and you’ll end up with black screen (no display output), with no way to recover except by blind flash or flash programmer recovery tools.
Order CH341A + SOIC8 test clip with cable now, if you still want to try.

NVME mod, much more safely done, if you just need that

I wanted to use both video cards, so it would behave like a laptop with switchable graphics. When in desktop and programs, it would use the integrated one, and when a game would start, it would switch to the dedicated one. I guess if it would be available for desktops, it would have to be specifically enabled by the manufacturer.
NVMe mod works great. Q77 chipset. The smaller size module was the only accepted. So I can confirm this for Fujitsu boards
Thanks for your time.

Both graphics are always enabled by default, otherwise they wouldn’t waste money putting in the second one As for switchable, no, see my post #2, I assumed that was your intention so I posted ahead of the mess this time
How you describe things, is how it works now by default, at 3D the non-CPU graphics would do the computations and graphics stuff.

Good to hear your NVME mod worked great! If you want me to try, I may be able to get the full size one in there? If you want me to check it out, please upload the BIOS rom/bin for me that you modified (not your mod, but the source file you used to mod)
I don’t want to download 40MB package from Fujitsu just to get the BIOS in this case.