Fujitsu L1010 BIOS mod - is it possible?

Hi, guys

I have one old laptop Fujitsu L1010, which is perfectly working. Recently I changed the old HDD with SSD and with 8 GB of RAM it’s very fast. After I upgraded the RAM and put the SSD, I reinstalled Windows 10 from the scratch. Now it’s very fast and I am very glad with the upgrade.

However, I have a problem. Windows 10 started rebooting with blue screen every time I leave it unused for 5-10 minutes. At first I thought that it’s because of the video driver which causes blue screen when it’s time to turn off the monitor. But it’s not, because I disabled monitor sleep and it’s still the same. It always reboots after few minutes of inactivity. If I use it actively, it will never show blue screen.

I think there is some problem with the disk subsystem because of the SSD. Maybe the bios is too old and it can’t handle properly the SSD, that’s why it gives blue screen when idle. The BIOS of course is the latest one. I want to update it with newer AHCI firmware, but I have no idea how. I tried CBROM, because this BIOS is Phoenix, but it gets stuck when I want to list the modules inside.

Is there any kind soul in this forum who can help me with this? The extracted BIOS in pure non-.exe format is attached if someone wants to take a look at it.

Thank you very much!

BIOS_Data.rar (1.08 MB)

I was able to extract all BIOS modules by using andyP’s PhoenixTool v2.66.
The DUMP files are attached.

DUMP.rar (1.09 MB)

Thank you very much, Fernando. I tried to extract it myself too so now I know how to. But to modify this BIOS seems much more difficult than expected. There are too many modules inside and I don’t even know which one is the SATA ROM. I don’t think I’ll be able to do anything more than that.

There is no Intel AHCI or RAID ROM module inside the BIOS.
You can find the Option ROM modules, if you search for the files named OPROM00.ROM, OPROM01.ROM etc. After having opened them by using an Hex Editor you can find the details of the Option ROM modules (manufacturer, supported device, version etc) within the text code.