Getting a q2c7 to boot

Hello everyone, I bought a 920xm for my m15x and it turned out to be a q2c7(cpuid 106e1), the issue is that this ES doesn’t boot windows unless i either boot up in safe mode or disable speedstep/turbo(might have fixed that with an older microcode) and disabling video from msconfig, linux doesn’t boot and throws out a lot of pcie/videocard errors. Now I think my issue is that the voltage table is wrong because cpuz doesn’t even display vcore.
What I tried:
>Every option and combo of options in the stock and modded bioses
>Every bios version
>Downgrading the microcode

PS: I am attaching my modded bios with downgraded micro (which seems to be the most likely to work) in hopes that someone will help me

moddedbioswithmoddedmicro.zip (3.59 MB)

“Most likely to work” What does that mean? You haven’t tested it? Older microcode isn’t going to fix something that’s broke in a newer microcode, most of the time, this is something that would be fixed in newer microcode that may be broken in older microcode
Some stuff like GFX or speedstep/C!E/Turbo etc may be always broken/disabled/crippled in any ES CPU, and this is VERY early ES CPU, so this could be the norm for that CPU even if you had the original ES board and BIOS it was intended to be tested on.
Your best bet for sanity here is to return the CPU and ask for a non ES one. And or at least ask seller if he knows what microcode revision works best for those CPU’s
Similar issues here, with same stepping and system, long time ago too - http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/…xm-fine.709633/

If you want a modified BIOS, please link me to stock BIOS, or flash in stock BIOS only and send me a FPT dump of your BIOS region. Then tell me what microcode you want in there.
Seems you’ve already done that above, but didn’t test it, so I’m not sure what your ask is here?

The seller said that it "worked on his machinetm" we will see about a refund but since he says it works fine on a 8740w I think the issue is most likely just voltage, also I never said that it will most likely work but i said it is the most likely to work after raising voltages and I am hoping someone can at least help me with that

Of course it worked on his machine, he knows what it needs to work. Ask him to send you a copy of the exact BIOS he’s using on that machine then

Voltage is not going to cause any of the issues you mentioned. However, raising voltage might help with stability, but none of that has anything to do with the problems you described or discussed.

Please link me to stock BIOS, or flash in stock BIOS only and send me a FPT dump of your BIOS region - then I can see what voltage options you might have possible.

here is a copy of the original bios straight from dell
https://downloads.dell.com/bios/M15xA09.iso

Nothing there, and I don’t want a copy anyway, link me to dell BIOS download page, thanks
I see your link now, please link me to the download page, I don’t want the ISO version.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/…?driverid=h9dy5

Thanks, I will have a look and get back to you soon!

Have you already updated to this BIOS version yet? Never mind, I see no matter what only W6702M.A09 is used, so I will edit this if editing is done.

* Edit @paranoidbashthot - I found a pre-modified BIOS for you, some stuff is unlocked, but I can’t work on this BIOS myself (settings-wise) so I can’t tell you what is unlocked or what could be further unlocked
I can update/downgrade microcodes for you still though, just can’t work on the BIOS settings myself is all. Do you want that unlocked BIOS, or did you already find a copy?

I have the unlocked bios already and the only voltage control I have is the vddr that doesn’t do me any good… What do you think my next step should be? In terms of getting the cpu booting

First and only thing that may help is microcodes, try older and newer. Other than that I would return CPU if the seller wont give you a BIOS for any (His) current system that runs these CPU’s, or tell you what microcode works etc.