Gigabyte Aorus Elite Z390 Disable HPET

Hi!

I am looking to deactivate hpet in the bios, but this option is not available, I have a bios already modded (F10h), from another forum, which has the fastest microcodes, since I am looking to optimize the FPS more among other things

I don’t know if anyone can do this please

I have AMIBCP, and I found the option, and in fact the HPET - Disabled is saved, but I am a little scared when arriving and flashing something that does not make me feel sure if the changes were saved well, also I can not find the option of how to do it visible in the bios, since it is in PCH-IO Configuration …

(In the event that the latter is well done, could you guide me last …)

Thank you.

@Giaanc

You could refer to this thread.

thanks @genius239 for the link, does the bios have the fastest microcodes?

@Giaanc
No ,that mod was made based on gigabyte official bios ,only did menu edit ,no edit microcode.

@genius239
oh, no problem, is it normal that it takes time to write the bios? it’s quite slow

@Giaanc

I don’t have actual experience to flash bios on this motherboard ,i only provide mod to users.

Refer to some feedback from user ,some is write slowly ,but some is normal ,so i guess it caused by different version of cracked Efiflash??

@genius239

It is quite strange, I am with version 0.87 of efiflash mod, it goes at 13.47% I can not stop it and change to another version of effiflash? the first 10% is fast but the rest is slow, should I use version 0.80?

@Giaanc

Yes, it’s very weird.
But you can’t interrupt the flash progress. Although it’s very slowly but i think it still can be finished , please wait a while.

Modified efiflash seems has issues.

@genius239

just finished, it took 1 hour more or less,
I have a question, I did not find the option to deactivate the onboard graphichs permanently

I mean that before it showed the option of internal graphics, and I could deactivate it, now they tell me 3 new options to allocate memory to the integrated gpu, but when entering windows it does not appear, this is automatic?

@Giaanc

What stuffs does not appears in windows?

On this mod i let options “DVMT Pre-Allocated” and “DVMT Total Gfx Mem” to compulsorily appear in menu , on normal they are hidden ,only when you set “Internal Graphics” to enable then they would appear ,but now it didn’t need

@genius239

is reelevant only if you occupy the integrated card
?

I found a bug, but I don’t know if it is, when deactivating c-states, it does not take effect, I must put package limit, in c0 / c1 so that it is correctly deactivated *

My other question is, is it very difficult to integrate the latest microcodes to this bios?

thanks for all

@Giaanc

You could try to replace microcode via ubu for thyself.
[Tool Guide+News] “UEFI BIOS Updater” (UBU)