Gigabyte @BIOS Face-wizard (changelogopro 5.11.0039) refuses to change BIOS logo with Error 4001

Oh no. Both the BDR and non-BDR report Invalid BIOS image again.

Dump BIOS with Flashrom using method at end of post in Annex section I linked above at post #18, then send me this file and we’ll try again that way instead.
Don’t get ahead of me on that and flash in a facewizard edited BIOS, I bet that is broken

Flash official F11b first, then dump F11b, then send it to you for the test of logo changing, right?
--------------------------

I am trying using modded EFIFLASH 0.85 to flash images on FreeDOS now, with various binaries.

All my own edits are still in Gigabyte AORUS logo.
That means it requires modding the second one.

I also flashed the non-BDR one in this mode.
But it’s weird that it still shows AORUS logo.

At last I returned to F3.

@MelonGx - Good to hear you were able to find a way to flash, sorry I didn’t think to use EFIFlash mod, just so used to everyone using the “Annex/flashrom” method on modern AMD that’s my go to now
So good, now we confirmed mod BIOS is OK, but we just need to sort the logo edit in 2nd area (bottom part of the BIOS when doing manually). And first logo in top section does not apply/get used by your CPU, so you can skip editing that if you want.
There is plenty of free space in that volume (88280), but only 600 free space within the sub-volume, which is still enough room too but during rebuild something else must be not compressing the same as original so I’ll have to find a way to make it happen

This issue happens because original module that contains the logo and all it’s info is stored originally at 27KB, but even the one I redid with 353kb image stores as 142 after insertion with UEFITool (will test next with MMTool, then other tools etc)
The original image is MUCH more compressible than your current desired one, so on LZMA compress during rebuild it just never gets back to small enough size.
No matter how I do it, the size is around 14x compared to original size of 27, and that’s with a 353kb resized image too, so you’ll never fit the 1920 one in there without it looking terrible.

My advice to you is to choose another logo, not some full screen actual image, that’s not ideal due to where and how your logo is stored in this BIOS
I could keep trying with a less and less quality image until we figured out the perfect size, but I’m sure by then it would look terrible on your large screens.

I tried a 30MB 7680x4320 PNG with Face-Wizard (changelogopro) to find out BIOS’s 1st and 2nd’s free space.
On F3, it’s 801000 on first, 6EF000 on second.
On F11b, it’s 821000 on first, 3FF000 on second.
My 1.8MB picture requires 5A5D68 on both, so it fits F3 but doesn’t fit F11b’s 2nd.

You mentioned that F11b’s 2nd free space is 600 blocks. Is that any similar value as 3FF000 about that?

I tend to rearrange or simply delete Ryzen 3xxx microcodes inside the BIOS data to make the 2nd free space enough.

The post above makes no sense to me, please explain again differently, with actual details and not () << whatever that means?

About 600 and 3FF000, no, those are not same things, what I mentioned is only about how much free space is in the main volume that contains within it several other volumes, one of which is the one that contains logo (and it also has it’s own free space too, but I don’t remember how much)
Your image, 30MB or 1.8MB does not matter, I made a new image of only 353KB and it still will not fit into that second/lower area due to spacial issues.
I could spend a few hours and make it happen, by removing many modules, then insert them all one at a time until I make it all fit back in again, but that is painful process and for something like this is really not worth wasting all that time to do.
Nothing needs removed, but that may help you find a quicker/easier way to do it. Test that by simply removing the entire microcode module, or any other large module, then see if you can insert the logo without error (if so, then you should use 35x KB one or something less than 1.8MB, that’s too big)
Then start over on new BIOS, toss the test BIOS you made above, then you may get it all back in there with a few microcodes removed only.

Sorry I need to repeat it again to get () values.
I edited it just now and you can see the free space values.
It’s weird that F11b’s 1st space is even larger than F3’s.
I don’t know why Gigabyte did that stupid thing to reduce 2nd space.

Gigabyte released F11c but its 2nd space is still 3FF000.

(Edit)

I know what the values are now.
I used UEFITool 0.28 to open all my images.
The logo-changed F3 BIOS’s 1st Fullsize is 801000, 2nd Fullsize is 6EF000.
The logo-unchanged F11c BIOS’s 1st Fullsize is 821000, 2nd Fullsize is 3FF000. The 5A5D68 is the size of 2nd Fullsize + my picture (1D6285 - 1925765 bytes) - To-be-replaced Gigabyte AORUS logo size.
The free spaces:
Logo-changed F3 - 1st 27BBB8 (2603960 bytes), 2nd 165458 (1463384 bytes).
Logo-unchanged F11c - 1st 430FD0 (4448208 bytes), 2nd 15938 (88376 bytes).
It’s not described as my previous reply, but still a not-enough-space problem.

(Edit2)

I found that F11c increased the padding file just before the 2nd’s from 7053312 bytes to 10264576 bytes. Gigabyte sucks.
I tried the following steps, but BRICKED:

(1) Backup F3’s 7MB padding file, use HxD to add 131072 bytes all-FF at the last (in order to make the final file 33554432 bytes), then use it to replace F11c’s 10MB padding file.
(2) Backup all contents of F11c 2nd-logo’s volume.
(3) Replace F11c 2nd-logo’s volume with F3’s, then restore all contents. This enlarges 2nd free space.
(4) Save the modified BIOS then use modded EFIFlash 0.85 to flash it in FreeDOS.

After all steps above, it bricked.
Then I use Q-Flash Plus to recover it with logo-changed F3.