gigabyte g1 guerilla best nvme boot method?

hello good day.

i have been using clover for about a month or 2 on the gigabyte g1 guerrilla.

i have tried using the DUET method before. but i cant really get that working on this board (was easy to get working on the previous x58 board)

now this board seems to have a efi boot enable/disable option in the bios.

does this mean that this board has some small sort of “uefi” embedded on it? and if so. could that be exploited to add nvme boot to the bios?

the problem i have with clover is.

i cant for the life of me get it to simply auto boot the nvme ssd.

and i cannot start the windows installer. it wil just end up with “no bootable device” kinda error.

i’ve tried adding the ssd UUID to the clover config using a mac and clover configurator but stil nothing seems to make it autoboot the ssd.

and since my keyboard does not work in this situation i need to use a ps/2 keyboard to hit enter

any tips on what could be done for a more smooth use?

-------------------------

https://youtu.be/AUMaAcJsoc4 here i got a video showing what happens when i try to boot from a windows installer.

this is made with media creation tools directly to the usb drive

@sebaskitty - You’re questions will probably best be answered by @noInk in the DUET thread, and I see you’ve posted there. I would add to that post, all that you’ve posted here especially the video, or would you like me to move this there?

No, this motherboard cannot use normal NVME mod BIOS. The EFI item mentioned in BIOS is for CD/DVD booting >> To choose whether to boot CD via EFI interface such as 64bit Window 7 installation CD.EFI is essential to support >2.2TB HDD.If there is no >2.2TB HDD installed, You may choose Non-EFI CD boot.

Start with Clean RAW NVME and show that to the windows installer -
Clean the NVME so it’s RAW first, then do the Win10 install. From other OS, with NVME as spare drive, look in disk management, make sure you have correctly identified which drive by # is the NVME Drive. Then do the following

CMD Prompt >>
Diskpart
List Disk << Here, identify the NVME by size or name and note it’s # for next step
Select disk # <<< Here, in place of # put your NVME drive # you identified from Disk Management, or in above step, you can see NVME drive # too if you recognize by name or size etc
Clean
Exit

Or, you can do the above from the windows installer using the methods below, if you do this make sure NVME is only drive installed so you can easily tell which drive is what in diskpart when you select disk

Or, at “Install” choose Repair your computer or press R
Select Troubleshoot
Select Command Prompt, then follow above

Or on region and language selection screen, press SHIFT + F10 to open Command Prompt: