Gigabyte GA -X58A-UD3R rev.1 bricked

Hello,

I have a dead record. I failed to fully update the MX25L1605D chip using CH341a.
I am attaching a preview of the read file and the original manufacturer’s bios file, downloaded from the internet. The read file has an unexpected character error at the end. Approximately half of it is FFFF. I see the same characters even when I load the downloaded file.

I unplugged both chips from the board and tried to flash them again. Same problem. Does this type of chip have protection? I don’t understand. I currently have a damaged printed circuit board under the chips on the board. :confused: Is there any hope of getting the board working again? I have a boot loop.

Try several apps for programming (old revisions maybe…), its an old 2Mb SPI, ±3,3v range.

I would program the B bios with the initial F1 or F2 bios release and the F6 on M bios.

Your motherboard supports DualBIOS technology.
You can try doing this:

Method 1
Turn off the power of the computer (motherboard) by holding the Power button for five seconds;
Press and hold the “Power” button, the computer will start up and hold the “Power” button until the computer turns off again;
Press the “Power” button again (now without holding), now the computer will turn on with the “backup” BIOS and overwrite the “main” BIOS chip if it does not contain the same content as in the “backup” BIOS chip.

Method 2
Turn off the power of the computer (motherboard) by holding the Power button for five seconds;
Press and hold the “Power” button and the “Reset” button for about 10 seconds, then release these buttons;
Now, after turning it on, the boot should occur from the “backup” copy of the BIOS.

Method 3
Use this method only if other methods have already been tried and failed!

Close pins 1 and 6 on the “main” BIOS chip with tweezers (pin 1 is usually located near the round mark on the chip, pin 6 is located second from the diagonally opposite corner, see the picture below);
Ask a friend to press the “Power” button, you must keep pins 1 and 6 closed at this time;
Open pins 1 and 6 immediately after the motherboard turns on and you will hear a single beep from the speaker;
The boot occurred from a “backup” copy of the BIOS.
Flash_8_pinout

“I unplugged both chips from the board and tried to flash them again”.
So the chips are removed from the splat?. Then this is not your method.

Thank you for the message. What does F1/F2 mean?
Yes, both chips have been disconnected.