Gigabyte GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI bios modding question

hey folks,

I’m going to be using UBU to update my bios with update cpu microcodes and lan rom but have some questions:

i’m confused on how the sata oprom will be updated as well. particularly, where do i get the sata oprom from and where do i rename/place it within the UBU folder structure? i’ve read the stickied post, but its a bit unclear to me still.

after updating the oprom and microcodes, i’m going to follow the thread for adding nvme support. is there a better or more up-to-date guide i should follow? Thanks.

Inside folders: UBU-Files-Intel-RST and in ur case also the RSTe, read the readme.txt inside itch one.
A note, these EFI/ROMS being updated will only have impact in RAID mode, no effect in AHCI mode or using an NVMe drive.
The guide for NVMe by Fernando, is up to date and its simple, use MMtool (usually easy one, when possible) or UEFItool method, it differs upon bios structure and how is affected, other than that its a question of choice.
U can post ur mod file and ask to be checked and before any operations, first thing to do is backups of the bios in order to preserve any lost of its original data (UUID, MAC, SN).

EFI v13.x : Intel EFI “RaidDriver” BIOS Modules

RTSe ROM v3.8: AHCI & RAID ROM Modules

@osegoodproductions
EDIT: The insertion of the NVMe dxe module seems correct and in the right bios volume, usually Q-Flash is the recommend method for flashing, good luck.
[Guide] How to flash a modded AMI UEFI BIOS

i’ll be using this computer as a hackintosh, so my concern was that an out-of-date sata oprom would result in slower SSD and nvme speeds, but i’m glad that’s not the case. i tend to avoid raid mode since fake-raid from motherboards can be unreliable.

so, i’ve updated the lan rom and cpu microcodes, along with add nvme support. Can anyone take a look and tell me if its good? Thanks.

edit - forgot to mention its bios f4

nvme_and_cpu_microcode_X79SUP5.zip (3.89 MB)