Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 3 - BIOS Recovery Query

Not sure if this is the right forum but…A few days ago my system rebooted during a Windows Update and presented the “Please wait while a system update is installed”. message beneath the Gigabyte logo. It hung here for quite some time, rebooted and turned off. I turned it on, it shut down after <5 seconds, waited about the same, and turned on again for < 5 seconds. This is all it will do, using various methods to boot backup bios result in the same. I pulled a copy using ch341a programmer 1.34 and ASProgrammer 1.4. When I attempt to open either with UEFITOOL it warns about overlapping segments and displays very little (looks nothing like the other BIOS I’ve dumped / flashed on an HP laptop with failed ME flash, no sections, just padding). At this point I already replaced it with a Z390 Gaming X and 9600K but it would really be nice to get it back into shape for use as a hackintosh or vSAN box. I have the BIOS file from Gigabyte but I know I will lose at least my serial and possibly the MAC address. The MAC I can get from my a backup of documents or router, serial IDK but I have a case open with GB that is going nowhere so perhaps it doesn’t matter either. Given that, should I just flash it using the ch341a or should I locate my mac and see if I can add it in to the stock BIOS? Thanks for any advice, etc.