Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 & Windows XP x64 AHCI driver

Hello everyone. Advise me what I need AHCI preload driver for the motherboard GA-Z87-HD3 to install Windows XP x64. I tried >64bit Intel RST AHCI & RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 mod by Fernando<, but all of them give me BSOD. Thanks. Sorry for my bad English.

@ l0nger
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

You should load the unzipped "Universal 64bit Intel RST AHCI & RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 mod by Fernando", hit the file named "iaAHCI.inf" and choose the "Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller (added by Fernando)". If this should not work either, I recommend to create a Windows XP x64 CD with integrated Intel AHCI driver according >this< guide.

Regards
Fernando

With Universal 64bit Intel RST AHCI & RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 mod by Fernando BSOD disapear, but after formatting partition installation program write this: "insert the disk labeled: Intel (R) Rapid Storage Technology Driver into the drive A:". What can i do ?

Have you tried to insert any USB Flash driver with the driver instead?

yes, I download intel rapid driver, copy it to my USB Flash and insert it to usb, but nothing happen.

Maybe the Z87 on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controller requires an Intel AHCI driver of the v12 series, but unfortunately there is no such driver available, which may support Windows XP.
AFAIK the “conventionl” Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006 is the last one with a file named TXTSETUP.OEM, which is absolutely needed to get Windows XP (32/64bit) installed.
Actually I see only 2 options for you:

1. You create a bootable XP x64 CD with integrated Intel AHCI driver v11.2.0.1006 and boot off it.
  2. You install Windows XP x64 in IDE mode and switch the SATA mode from IDE to AHCI once the OS is up (a TXTSETUP.OEM file is not required). In this case you can install the actual Intel RST(e) drivers v12.8.0.1016 WHQL.

I’m install windows in IDE mode, then install Universal 64bit Intel RST AHCI & RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 mod by Fernando and after restart turn on AHCI mode in BIOS. Windows start normally. Thnx alot!

You are welcome!
Thanks for your final report. I am glad, that you succeeded at least.

Hello All,
Advance thanks for helping me.
I got an ACPI error, so then I pressed F5 to select Standard PC Because I don’t need ACPI mode. after that, I am having a blue screen for the AHCI driver for Windows XP. I could not find the drive anywhere for the XP (32bit or 64bit both).

My controller hardware ID is: 1022&DEV_7901&CC_0106, and 1022&DEV_43C8&CC_0106

I really appreciate it if someone has it and share it with me. A big thanks again.

My Motherboard is: B450M STEEL LEGEND AM4
CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600 6-Core
GPU: ASUS Dual Radeon RX 6400 4GB
SSD: SP m.2 sata

Please help me.