Go to first unread post

How could such important feature not be implemented? :frowning:

You should ask my hoster, the company Xobor.
We have to take the Forum Software as it is. My Administration Software gives me a lot of options regarding the outfit of the Forum, but I don’t have any chance to customize the Forum Software itself.
On the other hand my current Forum hoster offers a lot of goodies:
1. The access time of the Forum is very short.
2. The accessibility of the Forum is extremely good.
3. My current provider makes a complete Forum data backup each day. So I don’t have to spend any time for that very important work (see MDL desaster last week).

Oh ok, so I really didn’t miss anything.

Why not use one of the good free alternatives most forums use these days? phpBB or something. It would be so much more better. I don’t come here very often because, well, the forum is crap with extremely basic and important features not being implemented at all.
Please don’t take this as an attack or whining, it’s not meant to be in the slightest. I’m just somewhat frustrated.

And who does the administration work? I don’t have the required time and knowledge to transfer the complete Forum data to an alternatively coded Forum software.

Aren’t the informations, which are offered by a Forum, much more important than the Forum features and its outfit?

Of course, but when you’re unable to find that information, because you can’t tell a thread with new posts from one that has none (this is typically achieved by making thread name bold), and when it’s technically impossible to find the first unread post (unless you have awesome memory I guess), it’s really, really difficult, and makes using the forum really annoying. Yes there is tons of valuable information, but personally, I can’t get to it :frowning:

Valuable informations can usually been found within the start post of the "stickied" threads and they are updated immediately, if there are important new infos or updates available.
By the way: Have you ever tried the "Search…" option of this Forum? I have never seen a better one.